UPS Driver to face charges?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Brown, relax and enjoy yourself while you are here. By all means continue to express yourself without worry or concern about what someone else may think or whether you may lose a few friends over what you feel to be true. You will find that danny is indeed as you described. I also enjoy danny's posts and have had a few battles with him as well but the one theme that was present throughout, at least IMO, was respect. We argue but don't stoop to name calling or other such sophomoric tactics. I respect his opinion and what he has to say and add to the discussion and I hope that he feels the same but, irregardless, I will continue to come here and participate. Keep it clean but stick to your guns. Dave.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
This is the extent of training I have recieved on protecting myself from dogs

0128091443.jpg
0128091443.jpg

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There were three Dalmatians and he was petting two when the third one bit him. He sued the owner for damages and the judge threw it out. The driver had to pay for the lawyer and all court costs. If you pay a lawyer enough he will take a merit less case against the owner.

And that is why he lost the suit. He was not doing his job, he was petting the animals. Had he just been delivering, it would not have happened. Had nothing to do with the lawyer, everything to do with the drivers actions.

BTW, you get injured on someone elses property, UPS will file a claim on their insurance. Bet on it.

d

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We are all so quick to judge here,no one was there in that mans shoes,he may have seen that dog before and known him to be a threat! Maybe the dog wasn't in sight this day and the guy assumed he was in the house because these peop;le were expecting a morning pkg. We all know wich homes have mean & good dogs,we try to take care of everybody!! Lets all not be monday morning Q.B's on this ,we wern't there!! Remember,this guy is UPS ,one of us ,lets defend him till we know otherwise.I idomn't think he got out of bed that morning with this grand plan!! On thev other hand dosn't that wife look high maintiance!! Ilove dogs and would never hurt one unless I was threatened,and then I would only wack him hard enough to shock him and get away!! jmo

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We are all so quick to judge here,no one was there in that mans shoes,he may have seen that dog before and known him to be a threat! Maybe the dog wasn't in sight this day and the guy assumed he was in the house because these peop;le were expecting a morning pkg. We all know wich homes have mean & good dogs,we try to take care of everybody!! Lets all not be monday morning Q.B's on this ,we wern't there!! Remember,this guy is UPS ,one of us ,lets defend him till we know otherwise.I idomn't think he got out of bed that morning with this grand plan!! On thev other hand dosn't that wife look high maintiance!! Ilove dogs and would never hurt one unless I was threatened,and then I would only wack him hard enough to shock him and get away!! jmo

Is that a subliminal message?

beentheredonethat

I like dogs as much as most people. I don't have one, but hope to when I retire. However, If you have a dog that is about to attack a person. That person should be able to defend himself as he\she sees fit. Didn't somewhere it say that there were a bunch of cameras (9) but they show very little of the driver during the video. I'd love to see all the video before an after. I'm sure the animal would look a lot more at fault then just the response they show of the driver hitting the dog. Very few people ever go out hoping to hurt an animal. Very frustrating that the news didn't talk about the number of UPS drivers attacked by a dog. But that doesn't make good news.

UPSNewbie

Here's the follow up on the guy that I forgot to post when it first came out.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...o-doesnt-show-ups-driver-striking-dog.231078/

Warren Co. judge says video doesn't show UPS driver striking dog - WREG
A judge has dismisses a misdemeanor animal cruelty charge against a United Parcel Service driver after saying a video doesn't clearly show the driver striking a dog with rod-like object.

The driver still faces a civil lawsuit.

And that news link 404'd.