UPS Driver Used "Terrorist" As Name Signed For Package

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Re: clarify signature...

"Doug!, don't you remember sensitivity training. It's not a towel, it's called a turban."

-EPISODE OF KING OF QUEENS- :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Gomez or Patel or Smith and Jones options are one thing but writing terrorist is something that is unacceptable.
Have whatever opinion you want of our immigrants but do not make them part of UPS's image. We are here to service our customers no matter their nationality.

Gomez or Patel or Smith and Jones options are one thing but writing terrorist is something that is unacceptable.
Have whatever opinion you want of our immigrants but do not make them part of UPS's image. We are here to service our customers no matter their nationality.
Oh I agree.

worldwide

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- A UPS driver wrote “terrorist” as the signed name for a delivered package, according to the UPS Web site.

Blbar Singh, a Sikh, signed for the package that was delivered to his son’s house.

The family was looking on the UPS Web site for their second package that had not yet come, when they stumbled across the “signed by” section of the package screen.

They found that it was labeled “terrorist.”

The Singh family has lived in Bakersfield for many years and is outraged by this racial comment.

Singh said, “Terrorist is a bad word. People should be educated. Sikh’s are not terrorists, not every Muslim is a terrorist.“

Anant Singh, Blbar’s son said, “All of my community who wears a turban and belongs to the Sikh faith are not terrorists. We are a peace-loving people and are part of the community.”

Teg Sidhu, Singh’s friend, said, “Most people may not understand the difference between Sikhs and Muslims, but at least they don’t label every turban-wearing person a terrorist.”

UPS recently changed the “signed by” name on their Web site from terrorist to Singh.

A UPS spokesperson said that they hire several people to assist during the holiday season and is currently in the process of investigating this matter.

http://www.turnto23.com/news/18363731/detail.html#

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Ours? Ha Ha Ha!!!

I guess I'd better stop typing in, Dumb Blonde, Fat Guy and such, LOL.

browndevil

If I am in a mood I just type in "language barrier" I only speak english. It is the only language I can communicate in. I am not going to try to figure out what name the customer signed. In my case it is usually the nanny, housecleaner or construction workers.
Oh ya and a Feliz Ano Nuevo to all:happy2:

BigBrownSanta

I had a delivery once to a shoe store and the guy just didn't want to cooperate with me. He wanted me to sign for the packages. I told him no. Then he wouldn't use the stylus, but used his pen instead. He signed but I couldn't read the name so I put Bundy. As in Al Bundy.:happy-very: