UPS Driver Used "Terrorist" As Name Signed For Package

A

anonymous6

This is a very bad time for poor publicity with the economy tanking and layoffs pending.

I knew a lot of Sikhs when stationed overseas and all of them were very nice, extremely intelligent people.

Has anyone heard what is gonna happen to this driver?

LiL"Comet"

This is a very bad time for poor publicity with the economy tanking and layoffs pending.

I knew a lot of Sikhs when stationed overseas and all of them were very nice, extremely intelligent people.

Has anyone heard what is gonna happen to this driver?

Very well put no time is good for bad publicity about UPS. Even good publicity is bad sometimes when someone wants to spin something around. What an idiot!!

Next week they'll be a followup on that story again for everyone to see and piss'm off a little more. That goes further than just stupidity that's "Brown Dollars" there.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
so it's ok when my customers write "Mickey Mouse" or "george Clooney", but I better not clarify it incorrectly.

That's funny Cement. I have had customers sign funny things and I clarify it as they signed it. Big difference though. The customers do it to be funny.

LiL"Comet"

so it's ok when my customers write "Mickey Mouse" or "george Clooney", but I better not clarify it incorrectly.

Of coarse it is, obviously it depends on the situation.

Little goob! always signed for me at a stop but if big goob would have found out, ooh the jealousy.:biting::wink2:

outta hours

That's funny Cement. I have had customers sign funny things and I clarify it as they signed it. Big difference though. The customers do it to be funny.

I inform them that is a felony to forge a signature that is not their own. Then I ask if they would like to re-sign with the correct name. The signature for a package is legal and admissible in court. It is not the place for a Last Comic Standing tryout.

outta hours

Nope, no soapbox here. Simply explaining what I did when presented with this type of situation. I think that is what this forum is all about,people with different views discussing the topics and scenarios presented here.

If you choose to handle it otherwise that is your choice. If you feel it's OK to clarify the signature as Mickey Mouse so be it. I'm sure the guy that input terrorist never thought anybody would be looking at what he wrote either. :wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
What the driver/helper did was out of line. I would like to think that none of our drivers that had worked their way up in this company would ever do such a thing. I know when im out there im representing the shield and the others that came before me.

When i was a rookie driver i once had a man sign in japanese, i had no idea how to translate with him, so i wrote japanese in the board and called the center. Cebter of course thinks that everyone we come in contact with speaks english and i was told to speak with the resident next time. DA!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
outa

I agree and have used the same line as you. Fun is fun, work is work. And the diad is a legal instrument used to get legal signatures should there be a problem.

I took it one step further with a smart guy. I loaded his stereo equipment back in the truck and left. I think he got the point when he called in to complain and the sup backed my move. Never had problems from him ever again.

There are a lot of crude things people sign as well, thinking they are being cute.

d

McLeod

Re: clarify signature...

Patel option? let me guess...anyone signing illegibly that is of mid eastern decent is automatically verified as "PATEL" ?

The hotel, motels, and quicky marts all seem to sign the last name Patel. Even the ones without a dot on forehead do too!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If someone signs with a funny name, I just clarify with the right name. Most of my custs are known to me and occasionally joke like this. Not a big problem for me. If there is a problem with a pkg signed for and the signature comes into question, the clarification clears up any problems.

I've had customers sign with funny names, if I know their real name I clarify with that, if not I use what they wrote or make them re-sign. It IS a legal document.

LiL"Comet"

There was a gentlemen who always did sign as little good on route I was on. That was the name everyone called him there I never actually new his real name. When I went clarify I always put what he had singed along with the company name beside it. No it's not a joke but there are ways to go about things especially when someones is not in on a joke or if it's meant in harm.

When I was an OMS I was very well aware of signatures and how important they are because of DRVR followups. On a daily routine at UPS that was a definite 2 hours of my day everyday. Comparing signatures on del records and etc. I pretty much became Dick Tracey so in now way do I think its a joke but needs to be done correctly when necessary.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I've learned from a similar mistake.

Last summer i was delivering to the RCMP barracks in my city and in one department the security guard signs for all the pkgs being delivered to that department. There is this one elderly lady who has had a run in with EVERY driver who has delivered to her, and I was no exception on this day. After ignoring her condecending tone and sarcastic remarks I asked her for her last name. She said nothing, crossed her arms and gave me a stare that could turn Jesus to stone, so I thanked her for her time and went on my way. On the way back to the truck I typed "grouchy old lady" into the clarify field, just for giggles of course. Well sure enough the guy who the package was for had not recieved it in a couple days and went online to track it. When he saw that "grouchy old lady" had signed for it, I immediatly recieved a customer complaint. Funny thing is that the union steward backed me, saying that since the lady refused to give me her name, I had to describe her somehow. Ever since, I have used caution when clarifying signatures, resorting to using Jones, Johnson, Smith, Brown, etc.

There was a gentlemen who always did sign as little good on route I was on. That was the name everyone called him there I never actually new his real name. When I went clarify I always put what he had singed along with the company name beside it. No it's not a joke but there are ways to go about things especially when someones is not in on a joke or if it's meant in harm.

When I was an OMS I was very well aware of signatures and how important they are because of DRVR followups. On a daily routine at UPS that was a definite 2 hours of my day everyday. Comparing signatures on del records and etc. I pretty much became Dick Tracey so in now way do I think its a joke but needs to be done correctly when necessary.

On my route in a two block span I had one guy named Dick Tracy and another who legally changed his name to Elvis Presley