UPS Drivers Describe Unsafe Culture of Fear

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by browned out, Apr 21, 2016.

1. browned out

browned out Active Member

2. johnny_hotdog

johnny_hotdog Member

Wow! That is some crazy stuff but honestly doesnt surprise me all that much.
  3. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

I'm stunned :/
  4. jaker

jaker trolling

That whole story seam to cover PT to feeder guys complaints
  5. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Damn, I thought my building was bad. Our managers straighten up when we start talking about feeling unsafe.
  6. DOK

DOK Active Member

Have never seen anything like that in my years. Especially nowadays with "safety" being on the forefront. I can see it happening though getting the wrong person in charge.
  7. Edd Orion

Edd Orion Member

Work safe, until it gets in the way of production
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Wow, that's disgraceful
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

More crying than a Cankles Clinton rally...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. NonDeliverOtherMissed

NonDeliverOtherMissed Active Member

Seems like something out of the national inquirer(sp)..... Is this website legit?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Holydriver

Holydriver Active Member

It must be everyday when leaving the building I follow another PC and notice his brake lights don't work. When checking during the pre trip the lights work cuz we force the pedal down but while driving only a little pressure is used to slow the vehicle. Ive been thinking how dangerous this is, especially where I live where everyone is in a hurry home and tailgate constantly.

It seems like everything these guys are saying is commonplace at UPS, we all deal with it, they just found a way to outnit into words and on paper.
  12. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

That's amazing they were able to get 34 people to put their necks out like that. Much respect.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

If their is a case number then the lawsuit is real.
  14. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Reasons like this is why every employee needs to grieve every instance of harassment and retaliation. You never know when it might come in handy after tons of people from your hub are tired of it and get attorneys involved

I'm not gonna lie the retaliation used to scare me from filing greviences. now I'm a bit older and smarter. all that any perceived retaliation gets my management team is more greviences. My paper trail is already as long as i95.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Is this UPS freight? Sounds like a freight operation
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

I have seen most of these complaints over the years. however it was never pervasive. the armed guard thing we never saw.

some of the complaints sound like very isolated cases. perhaps one instance from a bad supe. maybe they were trying to "pad" their case. maybe this will stop all the short cuts they try to take.

I spoke to the DOT at the scales several years ago and they said they used to cut UPS a lot of slack by not doing as many inspections and such but he said they don't that anymore as UPS started taking advantage of it.
  17. Gear

Gear Parts on Order

Wow, they should consider joining a union.
  18. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

No amount of intimidation will ever make me speed up a pre-trip. You have to know what is covered in DOT pre-trip. I usually get the guideline book, called the Green Book. It has all DOT regulations. Know the DOT required items, and stand your ground. If someone tries rushing you, just ask them, "Which part of the Federal DOT pre-trip are you instructing me to skip?" It will be the last you hear of them rushing your during a pre-trip, or, for that matter, instructions to drive when some kind of equipment is broke.

This kind of stuff never gets past the first time it happens, if ever. Our suits know better. Our problem, is we have an ever growing number of feeder drivers who just don't concern themselves with proper pre-trips, because they are in such a hurry. And not because management pushes them...they only do it out of sheer stupidity.
  20. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

The people filing this lawsuit better be able to document all of these charges. If you have 34 people who can
    testify and prove all these charges are true, UPS has a big problem. But how much is talk and how much is walk.