Brown Down

I like my truck. Best vehicle I've ever bought

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1442538430097.jpg
    FB_IMG_1442538430097.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 277

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If I ever got a truck it would be a smaller one, like a Tacoma or Frontier. Not a fan of the big ass, four-door luxo trucks.

JL 0513

you must still be young. I drove "sports cars" my first dozen years at UPS. Now at 41, getting in and out of an SUV is soooooo much easier. 22.5 years at this place can tear you up.

I am getting an "SUV" as my next vehicle. I have no interest in sports cars. I have a family and the segment I like most anyway is mid-size crossovers. I was noting that I would't get a truck based traditional SUV. They are a dying breed although you'll always have a handful left to choose.

I love vehicles like...

Next Mazda CX-9
Toyota Highlander
Kia Sorento
Ford Exployer

PT Car Washer

I am getting an "SUV" as my next vehicle. I have no interest in sports cars. I have a family and the segment I like most anyway is mid-size crossovers. I was noting that I would't get a truck based traditional SUV. They are a dying breed although you'll always have a handful left to choose.

I love vehicles like...

Next Mazda CX-9
Toyota Highlander
Kia Sorento
Ford Exployer
Try a Nissan Rogue. My daughter has one and it is a fun car to drive.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I got a 2015 Silverado crew cab when I went FT. Need a truck in the winters here or you're in trouble. I'm a pretty simple guy, don't spend much on myself. That was my "Good job buddy" gift to myself.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's cute that people think "American" vehicles are still American. Honda and Toyotas are more American these days than the so called domestic vehicles.
I remember when they had that cash for clunkers rebate going I was with my folks shopping for cars. Of course the Ford sales guy says all the money stays in America. Besides the whole transmission being made in Canada and engine business in Mexico thing. Yet the Toyota was built and assembled in I believe Kentucky.

JL 0513

Is anything truly "American Made" anymore?----------------No

Most of the cars sold in the US are still made in the US. Most Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's, etc. sold in the US are assembled right here. Some parts suppliers may come elsewhere. Not many of the Japanese and Korean branded models sold here are built in Japan and Korea. Just select vehicles that are more popular oversees.

PT Car Washer

I got a 2015 Silverado crew cab when I went FT. Need a truck in the winters here or you're in trouble. I'm a pretty simple guy, don't spend much on myself. That was my "Good job buddy" gift to myself.
Get the High Country model? Air condition seats and heated steering wheel? Diesel engine?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Most of the cars sold in the US are still made in the US. Most Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's, etc. sold in the US are assembled right here. Some parts suppliers may come elsewhere. Not many of the Japanese and Korean branded models sold here are built in Japan and Korea. Just select vehicles that are more popular oversees.
They may be assembled in the US. But all the primary components are made in Canada or Mexico.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I love vehicles like...

Next Mazda CX-9
Toyota Highlander
Kia Sorento
Ford Exployer
I've checked all of those (except the next CX-9), but based on all of them and the current CX-9........check out the new Pilot. RIDICULOUS!!! By far my favorite vehicle in it's class. And this is NOT a biased opinion. I'm a car guy all around I just happened to have owned a lot of Hondas (mostly CRX's). My least favorite of your options is the Kia. You couldn't get me to drive a KIA even if you were buying it for me. Junk. The Highlander is just so blah. One of my least favorite in it's class. But it certainly wins a little in reliability. The Explorer is a super sexy ride indeed. My main problem with them is reliability and resale. the CX-9 was a pretty nice vehicle as well. Another orion is the Nissan Murano or even the Rogue. One of those will be my wife's next new car. They are both very very nice cars. And the transmission in the Murano is seamless. You can be pedal to the floor and not feel a single shift with it's CVT tranny. So smooth.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is anything truly "American Made" anymore?----------------No

It's cute that people think "American" vehicles are still American. Honda and Toyotas are more American these days than the so called domestic vehicles.

They may be assembled in the US. But all the primary components are made in Canada or Mexico.
They're all sh*. I just get whatever appeals to me most at the time.