UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

JL 0513

While out of the box they seem like nice cars and such, I'm more interested in a long term ride. The Korean cars aren't know for their long term well being.

Nothing better than Toyota to go the long haul. My Toyota has 173,000 miles and not a single hiccup. All original parts except for the tires, battery, belt,...Even the break pads and struts are original which I figured would need to be changed but still strong.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My uncle called me when he went to look for a new truck. He was like when did trucks become a luxury vehicle everything is 50k plus. This is crazy.
I said relax don't even talk to them until they take 10k off the price. The luxury ones would be more like 15k off.
I'm not sure you could build your dream truck and have sticker be 87k?

I couldn't spend 50k on a truck. If I want something that fancy I'll get myself a Lexus or Audi.

When I had my 2005 Volvo S60-R guys drivers would give me all kinds of sheet about having a luxury car. Call me names like money bags and such. I was like, "are you guys serious!?? Your pickup truck cost more than my luxury car." They didn't believe me until I showed them the $45k sticker and the receipt of me paying $35k for it (it was a left over and sat on their lot for over 6 months). They all paid $50k+ of their trucks. Absurd.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've been a GM guy my entire life. The last truck I bought for myself was a 2002 4wd 4 door, full size bed Silverado 2500HD with a 6.0 gas engine. Without a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned The HD has larger brake pads, tranny cooler, beefier suspension, bigger radiator, etc. This truck just flat holds up. I happened to look down at the mileage yesterday. 199,274, and going strong. Wife has a 2014 traverse. She loves it, I hate to drive it, but I don't mind her driving me around in it. lol.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When I had my 2005 Volvo S60-R guys drivers would give me all kinds of sheet about having a luxury car. Call me names like money bags and such. I was like, "are you guys serious!?? Your pickup truck cost more than my luxury car." They didn't believe me until I showed them the $45k sticker and the receipt of me paying $35k for it (it was a left over and sat on their lot for over 6 months). They all paid $50k+ of their trucks. Absurd.
You know, I have to admit, I was one of those people until I seriously started looking for a vehicle. I was amazed at how expensive trucks were compared to other vehicles. Even when I was shopping for my first car. I could have gotten a 2 year old Corolla with 22,000 miles for the same price as a 5 year old F150 with 150,000 miles.

Corolla ended up being a good investment. Have only had to change the oil on it. It's my fiancee's daily driver now.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had 111,000 miles on my pickup and I figured my brake pads had to be wore down, even tho they hadn't squealed. I told my mechanic to change them out when I took it to him for something else. He asked me later why did I ask him to change them? There was well over 1/2 the pad left. I guess it's how you drive them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not good.

Neither the wife's Forester nor my Tacoma have the Takata airbags (knock on wood).

But, I have a pending recall for rear springs for the truck.
Been going on almost a year now.

I mean it's already killed people. Crazy to think it hasn't been fixed yet.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You're welcome, management scum.:)
IfqNE.gif