UPS drivers wearing caps backwards & towels in their back pockets.

DorkHead

all comes down to enforcing the rules and a value system todays kids don't understand.[/quote]

Yea, and the reason they`re not enforcing the rules is because "todays kids" are the new breed of sups that never worked thru the ranks and understand what pride is.

Griff

It's tough to find good workers to do this kind of a job in 2007. America has become a fat, lazy, and overeducated society. Who comes out of highschool these days and wants to handcart 60 boxes of hammermill paper? Very few, because it's being programmed that white-collar office jobs are the only career path. At UPS's conception, blue-collar was the only collar, now it's frowned upon in our culture. UPS will continue to give slack to appearance standards because UPS has different priorities than they did in 1907.

UPS today is a corporate goliath, bigger than life itself, it's much harder to run the "tightest ship" in the shipping industry.

raceanoncr

Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb.....

If you remember that, you are old!!:lol:

Connie Stevens singing about Edd Byrnes and dropping back to the show, "77 Sunset Strip".

Edd Byrnes, "Kookie", drove the Norm Grabowski T-bucket roadster that, maybe, made hot-rodding COOL!

Yes, I AM that old.

Dutch Dawg

....The same goes for the inside of their package cars...spotless.

While it's great that you still take such great pride, you may want to keep your gloating on the low. Should Atlanta get wind that you're wasting resource$ on such trivial causes as clean package cars you could be in for a rude awakening. Or have you trained them to rub against their car upon exiting effectively keeping it clean and eliminating the needless daily carwash?

hdkappler

that's easy caps back wards keeps the sun off your neck.towels in back pocket s are handy in case the have to dry there hands.anytime you have questions just ask me,from work to cooking.i will give you two answers.

hdkappler

when drivers wear there hats fowaed it keeps sun out of face.towels can be used for drying or if you take a shower.any more ????????? just ask the expert,me of course.

LKLND3380

Inside of the package car clean??? OMG! I cant even see through the crap on the inside of the windshield and plants could grow in the muck in the back corners of my car! ROFL!!!!!

plants... No... Weeds... yes... I picked up the rubber mat in the back of the package car and there were weeds and dirt...

Not trying to steal work from the car wash people but a few months back we had an electrical fire and our computers were down. So to keep us from standing around we had to sweep out the trucks and then they tried to get us to clean windsheilds...

I am surprised they didn't try to get us to check oil and tire pressure...

JohnnyPension

I know in my case it was trying to blend in. I did some tough areas for the first couple of years. If you went around with the proper UPS uniform you stuck out like a sore thumb.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Do you really think the customers care as much as they used to? We should be presentable when we arrive to work but how many of us look proffesional in 90 and 100 degree heat by noon? If the company was serious about the apperance maybe they paint all the trucks and put the new logo on all of the vehicles! How about getting a sock company were the logos dont fall off in two weeks and holes in them within 3 weeks? Alot of us have to drop our uniforms of at the cleaners on route because we dont even have time to wash them during the week!