ups drivers work on the holidays???

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OG MIKE, Nov 22, 2010.

1. OG MIKE

OG MIKE New Member

im gonna start work as a PH in question is do package car drivers work on thanksgiving? and do they work on chrismas eve and chrismas day?
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

No on Thanksgiving and Christmas Days. Yes, on Christmas Eve, which falls on a Friday this year.
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Feeders has a sign up list for Thanksgiving Day.

And people signed up.....
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would guess this would depend upon their personal priorities. Christmas is coming and the extra $$$ would be nice. My kids are spending Thanksgiving with their mother this year so if I knew how to drive a feeder I would probably sign up. Traffic should be really light.

I am off this week so will not be working Black Friday but I do plan on signing up for New Year's Eve. Easy $$$ and I will be done in plenty of time to get ready for the evening.
  5. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

SIgn up sheets for mileage runs to Louisville on Thursday, and all kind of sign up sheets for Black Friday. I signed up for black Friday, boss man said it should be 10-12 hours. Easy money just riding up and down I-20
  6. OG MIKE

OG MIKE New Member

oh ok..but what about chrismas day? the day wher the kids wake up early for santa haha
  7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

No work
  8. over9five

.....unless there's a blizzard the 24th.
  9. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

If there's a blizzard on the 24th it will still be there on the 25th so I doubt they would force work on the 25th.
  10. over9five

Are you a new-hire?
  11. OG MIKE

OG MIKE New Member

i dont have to worry about blizzards wher i live...i have to worry about heat strokes lol south texas gets HOT