UPS dropped the ball

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Does this mean you become permanent, after working past the Jan.1st date? Hope things ease up for all of you out there...gotta be heck!

No. Spoke to the center manager today and he said this is our last week. If I'm interested in anything beyond this week, I should go to UPSjobs.com and fill out an app. We'll see if I do that or not. I've got a few other options I'm looking at, too.

I spoke to him because he and another center manager were doing a safety audit on my driver and I. Other center manager said, "I couldn't tell who was the driver, since you (the driver) didn't use three-points contact!"

Seems we are catching up. Don't know if that's real or not. Probably get asked to work next week, too and that'll almost certainly happen on Friday. Again, we'll see how things move coming West. Rocky

over9five

Staff member
Jeez, Rocky, you sound like you've got a great work ethic. Hard to find these days. You'll do great wherever you decide to go. Thanks for the Peak help and good luck, dude!

DS

Fenderbender
Today Wednesday (1/3/07) I had a SAT Del NDA from Wyoming for a Toronto address.There was a big orange sticker that read "DELIVERY
NO CHARGE",and right beside it was a brokerage cod tag for $18 GST due.
It was a ni1 so I guess I`ll get screamed at tomorrow by the customer.

colomike

I've personally never "waa waa'd" about a late package. What I waa waa'ed about is the UPS attitude (especially exhibited here on this forum) of screw you (the customer), you'll get your package when it arrives. I read this afternoon that UPS and FedEx finally stopped saying they weren't experiencing problems. It has been learned a long time ago by smart companies that just a little communication goes a long way. Just put out a press release telling the truth, that packages will be delayed for a couple more days. Don't bother responding to this, I've had it with you UPS complainers and am not coming back to read any of the defensive clap-trap you put up to defend a poorly run company - and I mean that from a public relations standpoint, not the nuts and bolts of moving a package.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I've personally never "waa waa'd" about a late package. What I waa waa'ed about is the UPS attitude (especially exhibited here on this forum) of screw you (the customer), you'll get your package when it arrives. I read this afternoon that UPS and FedEx finally stopped saying they weren't experiencing problems. It has been learned a long time ago by smart companies that just a little communication goes a long way. Just put out a press release telling the truth, that packages will be delayed for a couple more days. Don't bother responding to this, I've had it with you UPS complainers and am not coming back to read any of the defensive clap-trap you put up to defend a poorly run company - and I mean that from a public relations standpoint, not the nuts and bolts of moving a package.

Hey, jack***, read the article in the Denver Post. UPS HAS admitted to being behind. FEDEX is the one that is refusing to give numbers. THEY are the ones that are trying to play the PR game. Leave UPS alone. It's done the best it can in a trying situation. If you didn't experience these blizzards firsthand, you really don't have a leg to stand on. DUMB***!!!!

Miss Victoria

hahaha aren't those great!! nM1 on something that 'must' be driver released. I don't think some realize what it takes for a package to cross boarders. Like customs documents...it's amazing how many times I've had to explain to a customer why a package was delayed at the border because there were NO documents. Or addresses....EVERY box has to have an address sir, or else it will just stay here. No ma'am, I won't be driving your package from BC to Alberta....... I hope that the package cleanup is going well in Denver, wonder where the snow will dump next.......

"You can`t say that about us! Only we can say that about us." Eric Stratton,rush chairman,damn glad to meet you. (Animal House 1978)

tieguy

Banned
Management forbids us to provide customer service. We are instructed to make good numbers, not be friendly.

And to be honest with you, it probably fell behind in sort aisle, or got smashed..or the label fell off. If it hasn't seen movement by next monday, file a claim. Its toast.

Why would you make such a comment to a customer when it has nothing to do with this customers package?

Why not just ask the customer to stop shipping UPS and put us all out of business.

If your package is sitting in Cach then are a number of possible reasons. Could be the train tracks to Denver are shut down. There may be a state or federal reason for the shutdown. Many times what happens is the state or feds try to keep the rail lines open for commuter traffic and deny cargo movements.

At this point it sounds like we have packages sitting everywhere with snow falling on top of more snow. Under these conditions there are so many variables including what the local, state and federal government will let you do that it is difficult if not impossible to tell you what we are doing with your package or when.