UPS Earn and Learn will not pay me a penny?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by craftspace234, Jun 25, 2014.

1. craftspace234

craftspace234 Member

I signed up with the Earn and Learn program with UPS since that's the only education assistance program they have for twlight sort.

Anyways I just found out that they do not reimburse me a single penny if financial aid already pays for my tuition :/. Which really sucks because I was expecting 1500 bucks per semester I had.

Anyways I wanted to know if can I get anything out of Earn and Learn if I already have financial aid paying for my entire tuition? Anything at all? I seriously am thinking about switching to day or night sort for the other tuition assistance program they have. I think its called CRCP or something similar. However this would mess up my whole schedule and I don't know if thats worth doing.

Any help is appreciated

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Money for nothing?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Not sure I understand...Financial aid is already covering your tuition....so UPS should pay for the same classes that are already paid for?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. KBlakk

KBlakk Overworked & Underpaid

Earn and Learn is designed to reimburse you for cost that you bear out of pocket towards your education not give you a supplemental income on top of financial aid, which you stated you receive and it covers all cost. With that being said there is nothing to reimburse to you personally as you paid nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Just looking for free money. Always worth a shot. Lol.

6. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

If you're receiving grants, Earn and Learn will reimburse you minus what your grants cover.

If you're receiving only student loans, Earn and Learn should reimburse you the full $1,500.

When I turned 24 and finally started receiving Pell Grants (the government expected my parents, one of which was unemployed for 3+ years, to help me until I magically turned 24... go figure) then my Earn and Learn reimbursement amounts plummeted.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I know people would take advantage of the system but there needs to be a better set up for kids that receive no help from their parents.

My wife never received a dime from her parents for school. Us getting married going really helped but there needs to be a better way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  8. Earn and learn will pay towards books and fees as well as tuition. Do you pay anything at all for school?

File early, file often.

9. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

LMAO, UPS screws up payroll all the time and that's when you're actually working for a paycheck. Good luck getting money from them for nothing.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

And the chicks are free.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

I want my. I want my. I want my MTV.

12. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

Bangin' on the bongoes like a chimpanzee

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

13. jaker

jaker trolling

So how you feel about being a sup now , already got screwed and you just started

14. craftspace234

craftspace234 Member

Yes. CRCP is a tuition assistance program ups offers that helps pay for college. Giving you 300-500 bucks a month even if you already have financial aid paying for your stuff.

Problem is that it is only offered to day and night sort. I'm twlight so I only get the earn and learn program :/

They are in need of staffing for day and night so they offer something like that to get more people.

Read above post

Read above post

LOL what does this have to do with sup? I have been trying to get college tuition assistance from ups ever since I was a loader. It has nothing to do with being management. Know what you are talking about before you tap that keyboard babe ;)

And I actually love being a sup. It's not a hard job. People just make it out to be much harder than it really is lol.

15. TheTruthOfBrown

TheTruthOfBrown New Member

This newly "promoted" sup is a piece of work , and thinks he knows about "trolling". What area are you supervising right now big shot ?

16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

2014-06-26-02-23-17-914838870.jpeg

17. Broady

Broady New Member

Any solutions on this yet? Will they pay for laptops or anything and reimburse that and than just resell or something?

18. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Democrat?

19. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Yes

20. Broady

Broady New Member

I know you're just a turd... But please explain ;)