UPS Employees Credit Union

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sano, May 16, 2009.

1. sano

sano New Member

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

UPS has a credit union? A long time ago I was in a CU called something like the Transportation Industry Credit Union based somewhere out of Florida, but I have never heard of a UPS only CU.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I've never heard of this in my 20 years, and find it kinda suspicious.

I wonder if UPS knows about it?

I am a member of NE Teamsters FCU, but I rarely use their services.

4. evilleace

evilleace Member

Never heard of it were did you get your info from seems kinda shady to me.

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

If I can offer advise on this ...
    DON'T GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION or MONEY!!!!!!

Says they are located in Whittier, CA and Ontario, CA.

Any left coasters heard of them?

6. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

It appears legitimate to me. I never heard of it either, maybe because it's California based. HR doesn't mention it as one of the "benefits". Don't new employees get the "check card" now? Sometimes when you go into work there will be representative from Bank of America or some other bank there, (never paid attention). The funny thing is they set up in front of a Citibank ATM, (or vise versa, I said I didn't pay attention).
    I belong to a local credit union. Somehow if you live in the same county you can join some Credit Unions, at least that's how it works in NJ.
    Just like banks, rates can vary between credit unions. I previously belonged to one that paid less interest on accts and had higher fees than the one I belong to now.
    If you look at the UPS CU's website, it says copyright 2006, maybe that's why it looks so old. My credit unions website is copyrighted 2007.

7. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I'm sure there are reliable ways of checking up on this place to find out if they are trust worthy.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We can also become credit union members if we live and/or work in the same county. Credit unions tend to offer more personalized service but their interest rates and fees do vary. Credit unions are less prone to takeover than conventional banks (my bank has changed hands 3 times in the last 10 years) and are geared more toward the consumer with basic banking needs.

9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I think I heard this one charges 37% interest, but I am usually wrong 80% of the time.:knockedout:

10. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Yes I have my car loan with them and they take the payment out of my paycheck weekly.

11. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

I have a car loan there, automatic payments from paycheck. Issues with late fees when I had $100 or less in the account even with the auto payment. No late fees now with money in account. It's not shady. I actually talked to the founder one day when he was at my building, they are pretty friendly and seem willing to help if there are any problems.

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

5 out of 4 stats are wrong anyway.

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

60% of statistics are made up on the spot 90% of the time.

14. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

15. MechanicForBrown

MechanicForBrown Prblm found,part on order

:offtopic: :cool2::wink2:

16. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Of course their friendly and helpful, they want your money!

17. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

LMAO - the friendliest people are at car dealerships.

18. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Got that beat. The friendliest of the friendliest are Nigerian scam artists.

19. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Yes and they always tell you "may god bless you."

20. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Imho I druther have friendly and helpful than mean and rude. Either way the money is gone.