UPS Employees Credit Union

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS has a credit union? A long time ago I was in a CU called something like the Transportation Industry Credit Union based somewhere out of Florida, but I have never heard of a UPS only CU.

over9five

Staff member
I've never heard of this in my 20 years, and find it kinda suspicious.

I wonder if UPS knows about it?

I am a member of NE Teamsters FCU, but I rarely use their services.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I can offer advise on this ...
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION or MONEY!!!!!!

Says they are located in Whittier, CA and Ontario, CA.

Any left coasters heard of them?

bluehdmc

It appears legitimate to me. I never heard of it either, maybe because it's California based. HR doesn't mention it as one of the "benefits". Don't new employees get the "check card" now? Sometimes when you go into work there will be representative from Bank of America or some other bank there, (never paid attention). The funny thing is they set up in front of a Citibank ATM, (or vise versa, I said I didn't pay attention).
I belong to a local credit union. Somehow if you live in the same county you can join some Credit Unions, at least that's how it works in NJ.
Just like banks, rates can vary between credit unions. I previously belonged to one that paid less interest on accts and had higher fees than the one I belong to now.
If you look at the UPS CU's website, it says copyright 2006, maybe that's why it looks so old. My credit unions website is copyrighted 2007.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We can also become credit union members if we live and/or work in the same county. Credit unions tend to offer more personalized service but their interest rates and fees do vary. Credit unions are less prone to takeover than conventional banks (my bank has changed hands 3 times in the last 10 years) and are geared more toward the consumer with basic banking needs.

fethrs

If I can offer advise on this ...
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION or MONEY!!!!!!

Says they are located in Whittier, CA and Ontario, CA.

Any left coasters heard of them?
Yes I have my car loan with them and they take the payment out of my paycheck weekly.

fethrs

How many of you belong to the credit union? Is it worth it?
I bank with a local bank and wasn't even aware of the UPS Employee Credit Union, until a driver brought it up.
Pros? cons?

(not that this makes them a bad company, but their website looks like a DIY site from the 1990's)
I have a car loan there, automatic payments from paycheck. Issues with late fees when I had $100 or less in the account even with the auto payment. No late fees now with money in account. It's not shady. I actually talked to the founder one day when he was at my building, they are pretty friendly and seem willing to help if there are any problems.