UPS EMPLOYEES START NEW UNION!

O

ok2bclever

Well I would attend a local meeting as I have always made a point of trying to get as much information regarding anything that could possibly affect my career and life.

At this point in my career I don't think the APWA could possibly be a positive factor for me personally, but it wouldn't stop me from the practice of learning all I can about the issues.

Outside of this board I have never heard a single word or rumor regarding the APWA.

I have mentioned the APWA to some of the young drivers when they have approached me regarding their futures and told them they should take a look and think about supporting the movement, as the current boat they are in ain't going anywhere positive at this time for them and it can't hurt to broaden the possibilities.

M

my2cents

Proups,

The officers of the APWA are fair, reasonable and intelligent people. They are not zealots and are UPSers themselves. If you should attend a meeting, I would suggest introducing yourself to them and chat for a bit to find out for yourself.

U

ups79

can these organizers give you any idea what will happen to the already retirees. The ones that are counting on UPS to put so much in the existing plan for every individual working in order to help pay the existing retiree's pension.

M

my2cents

Another good question ups79. I do believe however, that your pension is already locked in as an individual annuity when you retired and started drawing. From what I understand, by law that can't be reduced or taken away from you. There weren't any retirees at the meeting so this issue wasn't raised. This is a good question to ask to your pension fund.

P

planetired

Any chance you could help organize some of the lower end management folks? Maybe form a collective bargining unit for us. Most of us dont really manage or supervise anyone, we are management only so the company can avoid overtime. Then there are the so called business professionals and technicians who likewise get the shaft.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Any chance you could help organize some of the lower end management folks? Maybe form a collective bargining unit for us. Most of us dont really manage or supervise anyone, we are management only so the company can avoid overtime. Then there are the so called business professionals and technicians who likewise get the shaft.
200w (5).gif