UPS Error Union Dues Deducted Twice This Month?

outta hours

From what I have been reading here this double deduction is not an isolated incident. It looks as though it may be a more widespread problem. Be sure to check your pay stub for this week to see if your dues were deducted again. I checked mine tonight and I was double dipped too. Called my steward and he told me that it was a UPS payroll error, not a Union mistake. You are protected against such shortages under article 17. which includes the following language:

Wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to the employees no later than the
workday prior to their vacation. If the employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer
will make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day including delivery by Saturday or
Next Day Air. Other shortages involving more than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees, and
fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made
available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second
scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an
additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for
every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until
corrected.

Be sure to notify your supervisor at start time if you have been shorted on this weeks paycheck.

drewed

Shankman
When I was union, our BA told us that any dues issues were the union problem, because UPS reports on the hours worked and the union reports back how much the dues are.....and since that theres no penalty pay....granted it was 2 years ago but even last year the changed how they figured dues (changed rates and monthly) and it caused errors bc the local didnt tell the report back the correct numbers

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Same happened here, but was informed that Dallas was aware of the mistake and will be cutting checks for Friday for those affected (or is it effected:wink2:)

Leftinbuilding

We got regular checks but mine was a dollar short. Shipping and handling? :happy2:Wonder why their "mistakes" are always in their favor. Kinda curious........