UPS Error Union Dues Deducted Twice This Month?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by outta hours, Feb 12, 2009.

1. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

From what I have been reading here this double deduction is not an isolated incident. It looks as though it may be a more widespread problem. Be sure to check your pay stub for this week to see if your dues were deducted again. I checked mine tonight and I was double dipped too. Called my steward and he told me that it was a UPS payroll error, not a Union mistake. You are protected against such shortages under article 17. which includes the following language:

Wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to the employees no later than the
    workday prior to their vacation. If the employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer
    will make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day including delivery by Saturday or
    Next Day Air. Other shortages involving more than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees, and
    fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made
    available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second
    scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an
    additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for
    every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until

Be sure to notify your supervisor at start time if you have been shorted on this weeks paycheck.
  2. Paid-over-in-Maine

Paid-over-in-Maine 15 more years of this!

I checked last weeks check and they didn't take it out...just this week. Phew!
  3. backinbrown

backinbrown respect my authority

I just messaged ed and told him to check
  4. drewed

drewed Shankman

When I was union, our BA told us that any dues issues were the union problem, because UPS reports on the hours worked and the union reports back how much the dues are.....and since that theres no penalty pay....granted it was 2 years ago but even last year the changed how they figured dues (changed rates and monthly) and it caused errors bc the local didnt tell the report back the correct numbers
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

We got hit with the same thing here Outta. Dues taken out twice.
  6. Pkgrunner

Pkgrunner Service Provider

Same happened here, but was informed that Dallas was aware of the mistake and will be cutting checks for Friday for those affected (or is it effected:wink2:)
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Here dues are the 2nd week of every month, so it's right on schedule.
  8. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

Dues are deducted weekly here.
  9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Our's are weekly also. I really like it that way.
  10. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

They had green checks waiting for all those affected in my bldg.
  11. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

We got regular checks but mine was a dollar short. Shipping and handling? :happy2:Wonder why their "mistakes" are always in their favor. Kinda curious........
  12. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Member

we seen this Thursday and ups cut everyone a live check today. I heard it was district wide.
  13. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Member

weekly? really how much is your dues? We only pay once a month
  14. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

Where I'm at, we pay dues weekly also. $17.75 per week. $71 per month.
  15. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Member

wow! :surprised:its 2 hours for workers making under 11.50 and 2.5hours if you make more...and only once a month!
  16. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

It works out to 2.5 times our hourly rate.
  17. Top Fuel Friday

Top Fuel Friday Next Day Air

Our employees pay monthly, The local is responsible for making deductions, if something's wrong, it's cause they messed up.
  18. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

I think its safe to say, they both can make mistakes on this issue.
  19. Top Fuel Friday

Top Fuel Friday Next Day Air

Definitely, I didn't want to imply that one side or another doesn't make mistakes. We all know that isn't true.