UPS Executive Jets?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone out there know how many corporate jets UPS has? Given the egalitarian nature of UPS, I suspect there aren't many, and that's a good thing in my book.

The reason I ask is that while FedEx cuts us to the bone, they've still got about 20 Lears and Challengers flying FedEx execs and VIP politicians all over the world.

While your top execs can't even have a cup of coffee at their desk in deference to the package car drivers, our elite are eating filet mignon at 40,000 feet on the way to their winter home in Aspen.

UPSNewbie

I was wondering the same thing when I read that Citi had bought a brand new jet for $48 million or so with their bailout money.

upsdude

I was wondering the same thing when I read that Citi had bought a brand new jet for $48 million or so with their bailout money.

Citi ordered the jet in 2005. They cancelled the order at the last minute and paid a hefty penalty.

Last edited:

Channahon

Our CEO and CFO fly with the public in coach?

When Corporate Department Managers and the Management Committe members fly, they don't all take the same flight either, in the event of an accident.

And with today's economy, probably nobody is flying anywhere, just conference calls and net meetings.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When Corporate Department Managers and the Management Committe members fly, they don't all take the same flight either, in the event of an accident.

One of my customers was telling me about a business flight he made one time. He got to talking to the man in the seat next to him. When he asked him his name and what kind of business he was in, the reply was "My name is Mike Eskew and I am the CEO of UPS". I think it was coach.

Channahon

That sounds like Mike Eskew, he was very personable, and not arrogant. The last district I worked in hosted a Board of Directors Meeting, as the District staff was invited to a hospitality evening with the Management Committee members and Outside board members.

Very approachable group and it was nice to have conversations with the outside board members and their perspective of UPS and the business world in general.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One of my customers was telling me about a business flight he made one time. He got to talking to the man in the seat next to him. When he asked him his name and what kind of business he was in, the reply was "My name is Mike Eskew and I am the CEO of UPS". I think it was coach.

It was coach.
Been on many flights over the years with (just happen to be the same flight) CEO, CFO, and other Management Committee members. They were all in coach just like me.

drewed

Shankman
Yea, everyone thinks Eskew was this monster that did so much wrong....but he really was a people person, he came up here for the Centennial celebration made a speech then spent a good 45 minutes or so taking pictures and talking to the workers.

rushfan

Your all wrong. Corporate has cut costs so much, that if any of the execs have to travel, they jump seat along with us in the feeder dept.

pretzel_man

Yea, everyone thinks Eskew was this monster that did so much wrong....but he really was a people person, he came up here for the Centennial celebration made a speech then spent a good 45 minutes or so taking pictures and talking to the workers.

Mike Eskew is a very, very good man. I have been in many meetings with him, and he was always positive and progressive thinking.

He is also probably the most intelligent man I ever met.

On UPS.Com, there is a section with executive speeches. (I think its on UPSers.com too. Read some of Mike's speeches and you will see what I mean.

P-Man

rushfan

Also, I'm not kissing up to anyone, but IMHO UPS with weather this storm. We have always been tight wads for a reason.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Mike Eskew is a very, very good man. I have been in many meetings with him, and he was always positive and progressive thinking.

He is also probably the most intelligent man I ever met.

On UPS.Com, there is a section with executive speeches. (I think its on UPSers.com too. Read some of Mike's speeches and you will see what I mean.

P-Man
I'm sure he is P-man. He didn't get to the top by being dumb. I didn't mean to bag on him quite so harshly but it is hard to be objective when we, that are down here in the trenches, get dumped on the way we do. All the crap that rolls down hill might as well have rolled down straight from him and the rest of the top execs. :peaceful: