UPS Executive Jets?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
From Forbes, listing those in transportation industry, but rank is over all rank.

Interesting read.

Well shoot, file too large to send as an attachment, and too screwed up to just paste

d

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred S last year made 8.67 million (without stock)
Eskew made 1.25 million (without stock)
UPS Driver makes lets say 65k making the CEO making slightly more then 19 his salary
For a fedex driver to have the same ratio he would have to make......450, 858

These numbers say a lot. I'm pretty sure that the salary disparity between other top-tier UPS execs and FedEx execs is similar. Isn't it interesting that it's the reverse situation for hourlies, where UPS drivers make a ton more than we do?

The irony of all this is that the original Federal Express was applauded for being a company where the top managers would never receive excessive pay, and the customer contact employees were just as valuable as the desk jockeys. My, how things have changed, and the fat cats have really grown a little too large.

Kudos to UPS for remaining true to it's core values, and a big,fat,stinking turd to Fred S for doing the exact opposite.

brownIEman

UPS executive pay has always been peanuts compared to the lavish salaries of similarly placed leaders in similarly sized companies. Yet they have always managed to lead UPS to profitable operating, even in these times when many companies are loosing money hand over fist and laying off thousands upon thousands of employees.

Even so, you have folks like Red who would like to see them drown in a plane crash. But then, maybe that would clear the way for a hostile take over by the Duechepost so they could get back in the US market profitably.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS executive pay has always been peanuts compared to the lavish salaries of similarly placed leaders in similarly sized companies. Yet they have always managed to lead UPS to profitable operating, even in these times when many companies are loosing money hand over fist and laying off thousands upon thousands of employees.

Even so, you have folks like Red who would like to see them drown in a plane crash. But then, maybe that would clear the way for a hostile take over by the Duechepost so they could get back in the US market profitably.

You don't like yellow and red? The ketchup and mustard boys really know how to rake in the dough, don't they?

ups767mech

Jumpseat is always the first option. If that schedule doesnt work, then flying coach is the way they go. I too have flown in coach with other executives. We have 1700 flights or so a day around the world, so it is rare that one of our jets can't get them where they "need" to be. And we can't jumpseat for personal use like years past. There is also a jumpseat program that allows pilots from other airlines to fly on our jets....so we are saving them money as well...so nice of us...SO WHERE IS MY RAISE AND MY 401K MATCH!?!?!?!?!

I assume you mean jumpseat on a feeder or something because noone is authorized to fly on UPS aircraft if they arent a certificated airman not even the CEO.

drewed

Shankman
Bull****, Ive seen a lot of people fly jumpseat, the NGWA team flys jump seat, faa jumpseats, mechanics jump seat when we have vistors they all jump seat

ups767mech

Bull****, Ive seen a lot of people fly jumpseat, the NGWA team flys jump seat, faa jumpseats, mechanics jump seat when we have vistors they all jump seat

I dont know what the NGWA is so i cant comment. Mechanics are certificated airmen. The visitors you speak of must have been prior to 9/11 cause they are no longer authorized. TSA rules not UPS'

drewed

Shankman
Ive only worked at UPS 3 years....
All during the last 3 years...national gateway audit team....if memory serves ketter jumpseats in as well

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We allow business jumpseat, and there are many lower-level managers, engineers, etc. who jumpseat all the time. None of the elite do it...they're on a Lear or Challenger. UPS and FedEx operate under the same FAA and TSA regs, so I would assume approved UPS personnel can also jumpseat.

8up

just because UPS does not openly own it's own private biz jet does not mean that Scott Davis does not get around without making a flight on a Lear jet when need be. he can just have someone call up any of the charter businesses we have done business with over the years and get a lift when ever he needs it.

Fly By Cable

We have zero corporate jets, and when anybody flies on business, from the CEO down, they fly coach.

Only the pilots ride in first class! On domestic flights over 5hrs total fight time (including connections) we must ride in business/first class and ALL international commercials are in business/first class.

8up

browntail.jpg
uuuuuuups & i did see it in the preview
browntail.jpg

satellitedriver

Fred S last year made 8.67 million (without stock)
Eskew made 1.25 million (without stock)
UPS Driver makes lets say 65k making the CEO making slightly more then 19 his salary
For a fedex driver to have the same ratio he would have to make......450, 858
BINGO, we have a winner.
Mr. Peabody strikes again.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, If the upper suits have to travel they dust off the ol' number 1 model T ford and have a good old fashion road trip. They arent going to let anything sit in storage when they can get a insurance and dmv discount for having a historical vehicle...come on now.

I assume you mean jumpseat on a feeder or something because noone is authorized to fly on UPS aircraft if they arent a certificated airman not even the CEO.

Yes we can, so long as it is for business. I havent done it since 2007, but I see it everyday. It is up to the flight crew in the end to allow or deny a person to jump on their flight. And the captain's determination is usually based on if you watched the jumpseat dvd and can show him that you did so by answering his questions....