UPS Executive Jets?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just a little added info on politicians who get "free" rides on FedEx corporate jets. Fred's elected friends have to reimburse FedEx the cost of a first-class ticket whenever they fly to their house in Europe, Jackson Hole, Palm Beach or wherever.

The catch is that a first-class ticket price doesn't come close to the $2,000 plus per hour it costs to operate a bizjet. I've heard that big corporate aircraft like Gulfstreams cost more like about $3,500 per hour to fly. That adds up to a big chunk of money in the course of a year.

I would bet that your hotshot execs sometimes charter a jet that you never hear about, but it probably isn't very often. In over 20 years with FedEx I have never seen one of our top dogs use jumpseat.

This is just one of many reasons UPS isn't in debt up to it's corporate neck. Plus, your CEO doesn't try to rub your nose in the fact that he's rich and powerful, and you're not down at the hourly level. It's nice that they show at least a measure of respect for the people in the field.