UPS Fail

jaker

trolling
To the OP here is your problem , we will smile and help you all we can in our browns but now we are off and we don't care about your problem , so go put your issues on another forum who might care

And summer peak sucks 13 guys on vacation and 8 sick calls and management is surprise we are heavy

whiskers

The OP could've been a :censored2: about it. He didn't have to go get it from the old lady. He paid for a service that wasn't done to the fullest. He didn't call in a complaint, he called and offered to go get it himself. Sure maybe he has nothing better to do than post a thread about this, but I have nothing better to do than read this thread, and if you're reading this then I guess you don't either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess going to sleep early has it benefits--I didn't have to endure this thread.

It sounds as though the pkg had the wrong house number on it and our guy delivered it as addressed. The OP tracked it, called the toll free and was told where it was delivered. He then went down to retrieve the pkg. I agree that to register simply to post this was a waste of time but the OP did not deserve all of the bashing that he received.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
we have different house numbers, when I called ups support, the lady told me the house number it got sent to so then I was like that's in front of my house and that I can just get it.... If I don't have a house number how did ups ship half my monitor and case 1 week ago? And how did purolator send my asus DVD drive yesterday?

Under normal circumstances of a misdelivery the driver assumes that he has the correct address when he leaves the delivery. He will not insert the wrong house number to justify his misdelivery. The only time a driver will leave information of the whereabouts of a package that is not the correct address is when they indirect the delivery to a neighbor. And then the neighbor will have to sign for it to verify delivery. Normally..........

S

splozi

ggill24, the driver could have taken a dump on your package... and as long as he was doing it with a sense of urgency while following the 8 methods of squatting, he'd be unlikely to get in trouble.

CFLBrown

I'm going with the theory that the houses on the property aren't numbered. So the driver had to guess which one to deliver to based on the fact that there was multiple mailboxes with numbers (one being the one that the packaged was addressed to). Wouldn't surprise me if there was a fence around the whole property with BEWARE OF DOG signs everywhere.

Put a number on your house.
Put "REAR" on your mailbox that has your number.
Put "REAR HOUSE" or "HOUSE IN BACK" on your packages on the 2nd address line.
Clear path to the house, trim those weeds.
Enjoy your packages..

Indecisi0n

I had a house yesterday like that. Long road with two houses to choose from with no numbers (anywhere). I knew it was either house 1 or house 2 because of where i was. I picked house one. I parked on the main road and walked down the LONG driveway and the women comes to her door. I said "hello are you XXX." She smiles and says no and shut the door. I wanted to throw her mailbox through her front window. PUT NUMBERS SOMEWHERE!!!