ups fedex freight

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by flying dutchman, Apr 9, 2012.

1. can pt ups employees work at fed ex freight pt?
  2. article22

article22 New Member

There is something in the contract about not being able to work for the competition. I personally don't think it's any og ups business what you do on your free time!!!
  3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

In some areas, you cannot belong to the union and work for a non-union competitor.
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

"Don't ask, don't tell"
  5. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I was with a salesman the other day doing a "meet and greet" with a new shipper and the salesman kept referring to UPS as "the competition". Why do they do that? Seems rather goofy to me.
  6. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

just keep your mouth shut and no one will ever know or care

if you ever go into management for either though, you'll be in a serious danger-zone..
  7. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Only thing is if you have to log your time , you have to declare any and all paid compensation for the week.So if you work 2 jobs, You know what that means.
  8. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Back in the day was looking for a second job. Figured Fedex as a no brainer. Basically similar stuff. So I asked my FT sup if it was cool. He said UPS had no problem with it, but that Fedex would not hire me if I was honest about my current employment. I assume they want to keep Union rabble rousers out of their business.
  9. I will deff not be going into magement at eather, i dont have the job at freight but i would like to work there as a pt dockworker.
    But yes ive heard that when we hired in we signed a paper saying we will not work for "competition" but i do not remember siging anything like that. Ive also herd that if thats true and ups finds out in FIRED! and uhh i dont want that,im just afraid if this does come about and they did find out im fired i just dont want to take chances? any help
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yeah---find a second job somewhere else.
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Why work for both? I'd personally try and find something different as to not get burnt out doing the same thing at both places.
  12. it wouldnt be the same thing thow, freight would be runing a towmotor and loading and unloading truck trailers
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Just seems like there are so many other things to do to spice it up and not risk either job finding out about the other.