UPS/fedex interactions

H

htown0721

I have always been curious as to what a UPS driver does when they see a Fed Ex driver. Do you go with professional courtesy, ignore them, give the one finger salute?

robot

Has A Large Member
I've never had any problems with FedEx drivers. Most of the ones I've dealt with were pretty cool.

Postal workers on the other hand...

What'dyabringmetoday???

I offer to deliver some of their packages. For a price, of course. Then, I get them to buy me lunch at an upscale restaurant. Finally, I convince them to wash and wax my Rolls Royce that I was able to purchase because I am a Teamster, which I rub in their face.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We're all out for a common goal. You never know when you might need something from the "competition".

Do unto others as they would do unto you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I keep a tow rope in my package car during the winter months.

A few peak seasons ago, I used it to pull the FedEx guy who runs in my area out of the snow drift he had gotten stuck in.

A couple years later, I got stuck in the snow and about 15 minutes later a FedEx guy came along and pulled ME out.

We always wave at each other, and if there is a new guy out there who cant find an address, I will give him directions. Life is too short to be a jerk, and karma is a bitch.

westin

My Fedex chic always seem to ask me where crap is. Then she doesnt return sexual favors. Not sure how long this one way relationship will last.

BlackCat

I don't mind Fedex guys.

I like to look at them as split drivers. Delivering all the pkgs I couldnt fit into my truck.

Thebrownstreak

I treat them like a lil brother. I call them bums behind their to customers that I have a good relationship with. I also bring a tow strap in my bag that I've used to get 3 different fedex guys out of snow/mud. They do the same job for alot less $$$. Treat others yadda yadda yadda.

L

Loufan

I keep a tow rope in my package car during the winter months.

A few peak seasons ago, I used it to pull the FedEx guy who runs in my area out of the snow drift he had gotten stuck in.

A couple years later, I got stuck in the snow and about 15 minutes later a FedEx guy came along and pulled ME out.

We always wave at each other, and if there is a new guy out there who cant find an address, I will give him directions. Life is too short to be a jerk, and karma is a bitch.

awesome post

over9five

Staff member
I used to have lunch with the Fedex guy in the cafe of a large office building we both delivered. We always got some weird looks.