UPS Freight Runs getting down sized

NOOBZ

I'm still new, but the runs are getting cut back more and more. Seems nobody cares or will stand up for us. How do we go about stopping the massacre of our runs?

NOOBZ

It's the freight side. Not package. Like do we need to fight for a new BA? I want this to be my career but the progression is ruff and miles be slashed.

NOOBZ

What do you mean submit sales leads? They just keep cutting our miles and using contractor's. If it's not 2-3 day freight its on a contractor or rail.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
That sucks. I saw a contractor with a long nose pete pulling frieght doubles all last week at the same time / place. Like it was his run.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg
Take care of the contractors the old fashion way.

Skeeters

I'm still new, but the runs are getting cut back more and more. Seems nobody cares or will stand up for us. How do we go about stopping the massacre of our runs?

That is why they didn't fight the pay raises. They had this planned all along. Short miles for us (puddle jumpers) and all the long hauls on contract or rails...

Supposedly they have national panel grievance October to address the issue ( road drivers working outside classification -city work, rails- to make ends meet)
We're not getting miles , no hours.
Long runs go to contractors and they railing the :censored2: out the rest of the freight , we are in bad shape. there is plenty of freight specially during the busy summer season but we're not getting any , all railed and to contractors
That sucks. I saw a contractor with a long nose pete pulling frieght doubles all last week at the same time / place. Like it was his run.
some do have dedicated runs belong to them that we used to do, thus they call them "my run". until upsf finds a cheaper carrier to replace them with

That is why they didn't fight the pay raises. They had this planned all along. Short miles for us (puddle jumpers) and all the long hauls on contract or rails...
why upsf agreed to the pay raises when they knew real well it was a big Lie ?
and why the union didn't see this coming?
They had this planned all along WITH THE UNION and we got screwed
We did not get a pay raise; we got a paycut
next contract negotiation we don't need to be asking for no "pay raise" instead freeze pay for 5 years in exchange for work: 5k mile team runs , 2500+ miles solo runs ,reduce contractors
and we still be making more money than the competition