UPS freight sales account executive BACKGROUND CHECK

Bman12345

I am a current candidate for a UPS freight sales account executive with a Breathalyzer refusal on my record. I lost my license, but I have no DUI/DWI convictions on my record. Would this prohibit me from passing the background check considering I would be given a company vehicle? Also, can I negotiate a car allowance opposed to a company car?? please help

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Depends on whether your state treats DWI/DUI as a criminal or motor vehicle offense. You need to research DWI legislation in your state.
If you are not applying for a driving position and it's treated as a motor vehicle offense, should have no problems. If it is treated as a criminal offense (probably misdemeanor) will probably have to have a good reason, but does not necessarily disqualifies you from the job

Last edited:

Bman12345

Ok, in my state it is considered a moving violation, and it is a driving job considering it's an account executive position and I am provided a company car

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
To become a package car driver you need to have a clean record for 36 months. I am pretty sure as a sales rep you will drive your own vehicle so pretty sure that requirement is not applicable. They will inform you of what kind of background check they will run on you as you have to sign forms giving them approval to run the check, if motor vehicle abstract is not on there, your good to go, if it is, need to ask them how far back they are looking at the abstract.

Bman12345

To become a package car driver you need to have a clean record for 36 months. I am pretty sure as a sales rep you will drive your own vehicle so pretty sure that requirement is not applicable. They will inform you of what kind of background check they will run on you as you have to sign forms giving them approval to run the check, if motor vehicle abstract is not on there, your good to go, if it is, need to ask them how far back they are looking at the abstract.

Well they mentioned that I would be given a company car, if that is the case, can I negotiate a personal car allowance instead of taking the company car??

Bman12345

Ok well hopefully that's the case because my hiring manager said they would provide me a company car, freight sales might be different