ups freight truckload division

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by diesel, Oct 27, 2008.

1. diesel

diesel New Member

ok i have got a ? i am thinking about going to that company old overnite i guess. I am just curious about it can anyone help with how well or bad it is.Anybody actually work there i have called every where and everyone says bad stuff about it. I am looking for a better company with insurance and stuff. I drive alot of miles a week now 4000-5000 solo tennessee to cal. every week.I know it is not legal but hey i do it. I make 1300 a week am i gonna be better off going to ups freight truckload less miles and still get a check and stuff or am i going to the wrong company. I have 7 years driving no accidents one speeding ticket any info please help me so i don't ruin my life..... lol:knockedout:
  2. diesel

diesel New Member

I guess thats a clue for me no response means something bad
  3. drewed

drewed Shankman

Calm down spanky
    There arent a whole lot freight guys on here and those that do dont frequent a whole lot take time youll get your answers
  4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Well for one you`ll probably make that kind of money without the risk of killing someone,so that`s probably good.
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Only bad for you...what this means is that no one thinks your question is worth answering! :knockedout: JK

Just kidding ... couldn't resist the obvious.
  6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I would suggest not driving so much off the books. When you get caught, your life will be ruined.

7. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

And that would be the last time you muttered those words.
  8. Indy135

Indy135 New Member

i didnt know ups freight had a truckload division

i thought it was all LTL
  9. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Nope. They gots all kinds of stuff. Flatbeds, steel haulers w/staked sides & covers, LTL, truckload and probably more stuff they are hiding.
  10. tieguy

tieguy Banned

You kill someone and get caught violating hours you will be getting state accommodations for a very long time.
  11. SlavetoUPS

SlavetoUPS New Member

Saw UPS freight truck pulling a reefer the other night.
  12. nickelplaterick

nickelplaterick New Member

UPS Freight Truckload is the old Overnite Special Services Division. AND THEY ARE NOT TEAMSTERS!!!!
  13. tony12345

tony12345 New Member

Did you take the job and if you did whats up with it. Good or Bad?
  14. TL4Teamsters

TL4Teamsters New Member

I currently Drive for Truckload. I made more $$ with Schneider National doing the exact same work. UPS Freight TL is only name recognition. They are very strict. You must memorize The 5 seeing habits, etc, but you have no Union, so you are constantly being threatened of being fired.
  15. ronroper

ronroper Member

We have the same problems in Freight including harassment and we pay dues.... does this give you a hint?