UPS GAMES

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
What is the unions guidelines for receiving weekly paycheck, is it paid for time or not?

ROGE,

Welcome to the BrownCafe!

The Union does not pay you, UPS does! You get paid once a week based on the hours you've worked...:confused2:

D

Dis-organized Labor

What is the unions guidelines for receiving weekly paycheck, is it paid for time or not?

Is the Union paying you??
You're first Post, my Friend, will hang with you for a while.

What exactly are you asking??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let me be more specific, do we receive our paychecks on the clock?

I assume you are a new part-time inside employee who has not set up Direct Deposit yet.
I think it is probably a common practice for your sup to give them out before you clock in. This allows you to secure it and check it over on your time. Once you are on the clock, you are too busy and may lose the paper check which is a real headache to replace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pay issues are resolved on the clock, why would you receive it off the clock?

Give me a break. It takes less than 10 seconds for your sup to find your check in the pile and hand it to you. Let's say he is slow and it takes him 15 seconds. That works out to 1 minute per month. Let's say you make $10 per hour. That works out to $.1667 per minute. Doing the math shows just how truly foolish your question is.

ROGE

My point exactly, so why is it necessary for sup to take his time in doing that. Oh i'm sorry, looking at it from your point of view, if i were off the clock, he could take as long as he wants because he's doing the math, and if there was a discrepency issue all the better. By the way your title wouldn't happen to be sup would it?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My point exactly, so why is it necessary for sup to take his time in doing that. Oh i'm sorry, looking at it from your point of view, if i were off the clock, he could take as long as he wants because he's doing the math, and if there was a discrepency issue all the better. By the way your title wouldn't happen to be sup would it?

I assume you are 18 -19 years old. Given that, you don't sound too goofy. I'll check back on you in 10 years or so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point exactly, so why is it necessary for sup to take his time in doing that. Oh i'm sorry, looking at it from your point of view, if i were off the clock, he could take as long as he wants because he's doing the math, and if there was a discrepency issue all the better.
By the way your title wouldn't happen to be sup would it?

Why don't you simply check out your paycheck online at your conveniece the day before? This way if there are any issues with your check you can print it out and bring it to your sup's attention and it will be take care of.

BTW, I am not a sup--I am just someone with 30 more years of life experience than yourself.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. Is this what I can expect should Fedex ever unionize? :peaceful:

ROGE

Could have fooled me, btw, don't be so presumptious. As for discrepencies, information is computerized, swipe in, swipe out. I don't get paid to do payroll, do you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could have fooled me, btw, don't be so presumptious. As for discrepencies, information is computerized, swipe in, swipe out. I don't get paid to do payroll, do you?

Wow--you really do have a lot to learn (about life), don't you?

If you call keeping track of my hours doing payroll, then, yes, I do my own payroll. I go to upsers.com Thursday morning to make sure that the totals on my check match the totals that I compiled and will print out and highlight any errors that I find and will turn it in to my sup for corrective action. It is your money and you work hard for it and you deserve to get every cent.

ROGE

I must know just about as much as you do, since i've been doing that for years. The fact that you are doing it means you've encountered issues in pay before. You are right, it is my money, and i do work hard for it, which brings me back to my original posting. I shouldn't have to wait around off the clock, for some sup on a power trip to give me my check. Afterall my time, every bit of it, is money, and since it's money i've already earned i shouldn't have to play "ups games". As for going online, wow, what did ups do before the computer or for that matter after the computer. Giving you your check stub online doesn't help correction much, since punch-in and punch-out times are what matter. So you see, you still have to sit down and go over the report for the week. Which you as an employee can't access online.