UPS gets award for UPS My Choice and Access Point

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
Integration of UPS My Choice® delivery service and UPS Access Point™ network recognized for industry-leading innovation

UPS (NYSE: UPS) was recognized with a Decade Award, given to 10 companies that have averaged the highest rankings on the annual InformationWeek Elite 100 list over the past decade. UPS ranked 17 on the 2016 Elite 100 list for the integration of two services that are revolutionizing package delivery: the UPS My Choice® delivery service andUPS Access Point™ network. UPS also was selected as a finalist for a Business Innovator award in the category of customer experience.

The UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network make consumer package delivery more convenient than ever before. With the UPS My Choice® service, consumers receive notifications about packages in advance, and can take control of their deliveries with the ability to leave specific instructions for their UPS driver on where to leave their package, or to re-route their package to another location if they won’t be home. The UPS Access Point™ network is comprised of neighborhood businesses that serve as alternate delivery locations so that consumers can pick up and ship packages on their schedules. This integration allows UPS to link the digital information on packages to the physical execution of package delivery to a variety of access points based on customer choice.

“Technology innovations like those behind the UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network integration are changing the future of e-commerce delivery to be increasingly consumer-centric,” said UPS Chief Information Officer Juan Perez. “UPS will continue to push the technological boundaries to find ways to connect our customers with new services that provide them the convenience, choice and control they deserve.”

The UPS My Choice® service and UPS Access Point™ network integration is made possible by proprietary routing software, and includes the significant integration of applications on a global scale. UPS is the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the services provided by UPS My Choice® and UPS Access Point™ network.

InformationWeek Elite 100 research tracks the technology-based investments, strategies, and results of some of the best-known organizations in the country. Unique among corporate rankings, the InformationWeek Elite 100 spotlights the power of business technology innovation.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Who is giving out all these awards?
Hedge funds and research groups trying to make a name for themselves so they can sell their data or advice. It's all a game to make yourself relevant as if you have some sort of secret identifying companies that would be good investments. It's like watching Cramer tell you stock picks when he's wrong more than he's right but only emphasizes on the right side of his picks.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I listen to an OMS get bitched out on the phone for 45 minutes for us sending their package to an access point

People in my area are not happy about it even though all the access points or UPS stores and they are all considerably closer to the houses then the center is

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I smell "class action" lawsuit in the future. People think they are paying to get it delivered directly.

worldwide

I smell "class action" lawsuit in the future. People think they are paying to get it delivered directly.

Everyone is getting a direct delivery attempt. Nowhere in the UPS tariff does it state that UPS will guarantee 3 delivery attempts with every delivery. It spells out in the tariff that some ZIP codes are 1 attempt and then go to an Access Point. Are people accustomed to 3 delivery attempts? Yes, and that's the problem some people have with the change. SurePost and Mail Innovations also muddy the waters. Look for FedEx to offer something similar with their FedEx Office locations in the future. They only have around 1,900 locations so UPS has a big head start.

It's a change and generally speaking, people don't like change so there will always be a group that's unhappy (as with most things in life) but given the growth rate of My Choice (20 million people have enrolled) and Access Points (almost 10,000 in the US alone), it looks like they are here to stay and will only get more popular.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hey, ORION received an award too !!!

last%20place%20yale%20tumblr_m7tpalenJg1rr5ylko1_500.jpg

Indecisi0n

L
I listen to an OMS get bitched out on the phone for 45 minutes for us sending their package to an access point

People in my area are not happy about it even though all the access points or UPS stores and they are all considerably closer to the houses then the center is

My access points were so far from my route it's ridiculous. Then customers would hunt me down the next day looking for their package to discover I didn't have it. When asked where it was I would just give the UPS phone number.

Ain't no one got time to explain it!

Whargoul

Haha! I AP everything I can! The center is actually closer than the AP on most of them. I chuckle every time I'm filling out the info notice.

wayfair

swollen member
I got hunted down today for a surepost......

"man, it showed delivered 19 hours ago"

me"uh, I don't have anything your apartment sorry, contact shipper"

DOK

Everyone is getting a direct delivery attempt. Nowhere in the UPS tariff does it state that UPS will guarantee 3 delivery attempts with every delivery. It spells out in the tariff that some ZIP codes are 1 attempt and then go to an Access Point. Are people accustomed to 3 delivery attempts? Yes, and that's the problem some people have with the change. SurePost and Mail Innovations also muddy the waters. Look for FedEx to offer something similar with their FedEx Office locations in the future. They only have around 1,900 locations so UPS has a big head start.

It's a change and generally speaking, people don't like change so there will always be a group that's unhappy (as with most things in life) but given the growth rate of My Choice (20 million people have enrolled) and Access Points (almost 10,000 in the US alone), it looks like they are here to stay and will only get more popular.
My choice maybe popular, Access Point not so much, it's a downgrade in service. Customers should have a choice to have their pkg directed to an access point or not.