UPS gets award for UPS My Choice and Access Point

Foamer Pyle

Elderly Edna should have kept up with the times. Beta Max went away along time ago. If you don't stay current with technology, you get left in the dust.

nystripe96

If there's a cover driver doing my route & doesn't know to wait that extra minute for elderly Edna to come to the door then her package gets sent to the access point. All I'm saying is access point deliveries need to be refined so that they're more accommodating to the customer

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If there's a cover driver doing my route & doesn't know to wait that extra minute for elderly Edna to come to the door then her package gets sent to the access point. All I'm saying is access point deliveries need to be refined so that they're more accommodating to the customer

Just like everything in the UPS universe.
It's setup so the driver is held responsible if it fails.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would like to suggest a few changes to part of My Choice which allows customers to designate where they want their deliveries left.

First----if they only have one way of getting in and out of their apartment, they should not be allowed to tell us to leave their stuff by their front door.

Second----if there are more than one package in the delivery that have the same designation the DIAD should autofill for all packages after the first one. I had one the other day where 8 of the 9 packages were all designated for front door delivery. It takes longer to hit "Y" 8 times than it does to scan 9 packages and hit DR FD. This is for the same idiot who only has one way of getting in and out of her apartment.

ManInBrown

Access point should be after the 3rd attempt not after the first. I feel bad for the 90 year old lady that has to walk 3 blocks to pick up her 25 pound package after a NI1. Complete oversight by the company imo
I wouldn't do that. I'd sheet it no AP. There's discretion in redirecting it to the AP. I've done it and nobody has said a word.

9.5er

I wouldn't do that. I'd sheet it no AP. There's discretion in redirecting it to the AP. I've done it and nobody has said a word.
We have been told by management to send it to AXP no matter what. If for any reason we feel we need to sheet as No Ap we have to call Sup before finishing the stop.
BTW I hate AXP almost as much as Orion.

ManInBrown

We have been told by management to send it to AXP no matter what. If for any reason we feel we need to sheet as No Ap we have to call Sup before finishing the stop.
BTW I hate AXP almost as much as Orion.
We've never been told anything like that. Access Point rolled out very quietly in my center. There was a quick explanation about it one morning and we've basically heard nothing else. It's never brought up

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Integration of UPS My Choice® delivery service and UPS Access Point™ network recognized for industry-leading innovation

UPS (NYSE: UPS) was recognized with a Decade Award, given to 10 companies that have averaged the highest rankings on the annual InformationWeek Elite 100 list over the past decade. UPS ranked 17 on the 2016 Elite 100 list for the integration of two services that are revolutionizing package delivery: the UPS My Choice® delivery service andUPS Access Point™ network. UPS also was selected as a finalist for a Business Innovator award in the category of customer experience.

The UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network make consumer package delivery more convenient than ever before. With the UPS My Choice® service, consumers receive notifications about packages in advance, and can take control of their deliveries with the ability to leave specific instructions for their UPS driver on where to leave their package, or to re-route their package to another location if they won’t be home. The UPS Access Point™ network is comprised of neighborhood businesses that serve as alternate delivery locations so that consumers can pick up and ship packages on their schedules. This integration allows UPS to link the digital information on packages to the physical execution of package delivery to a variety of access points based on customer choice.

“Technology innovations like those behind the UPS My Choice® service and the UPS Access Point™ network integration are changing the future of e-commerce delivery to be increasingly consumer-centric,” said UPS Chief Information Officer Juan Perez. “UPS will continue to push the technological boundaries to find ways to connect our customers with new services that provide them the convenience, choice and control they deserve.”

The UPS My Choice® service and UPS Access Point™ network integration is made possible by proprietary routing software, and includes the significant integration of applications on a global scale. UPS is the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the services provided by UPS My Choice® and UPS Access Point™ network.

InformationWeek Elite 100 research tracks the technology-based investments, strategies, and results of some of the best-known organizations in the country. Unique among corporate rankings, the InformationWeek Elite 100 spotlights the power of business technology innovation.
Its ashame their customer service network isn't as advanced as their technology network