UPS getting bad rep on Reddit

image.jpg
I've often said she resembles a whooping crane.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
...Although, it's always fascinated me how the middle class votes for the interests of the upper class.

Love me, I'm a liberal vs love the elite who oppress us, I'm a conservative...
Amen. Soon the middle class will fall into line again and fight with each other over a Clinton and a Bush. There are no political dynasties in America. It's just coincidence.

Overpaid Union Thug

I liken Reddit to the mainly youngsters that take the time to make YouTube rants about their "terrible experiences" with UPS. Or any other company for that matter. 1/4 of the time they are confusing us with the Post Office. Another 1/4 of the time they are pissed off about something that is beyond anyone's control but theirs (such as not being home to sign for a package). Another 1/4 is accusing us of the "they didn't knock or ring the door bell" or "they didn't even come to my house" variety. The latter amuses me because they are holding the damn info notice in their hand in the video. The remaining 1/4 are legitimate beefs but they paint the entire company with a broad brush of judgment in their rants. But i know they can't help it because they are, indeed, mostly spoiled youngster brats that are used to getting anything and everything they want instantly.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So many responders saying that they are not envious of our job, and that we are all lazy and should all be fired. It's pretty amazing that you can order something across the country and get it in a few days. God forbid you go to the store for diapers and toilet paper. In the old days people died delivering goods. Everybody is so entitled and narcastic it makes me sick. An apocalypse is what this world needs. #nohopeforhumanity

KaiserTom

The average redditor who browses the defaults like /r/funny or other crap like it are ignorant teens who understand nothing about how the world actually works. They believe everyone should conform to their ideals and anyone who says different is wrong and a "dirty conservative".

That being said if you steer well clear of the defaults you can have good discussions on the smaller, more focused subreddits.

Brownsfan

So many responders saying that they are not envious of our job, and that we are all lazy and should all be fired. It's pretty amazing that you can order something across the country and get it in a few days. God forbid you go to the store for diapers and toilet paper. In the old days people died delivering goods. Everybody is so entitled and narcastic it makes me sick. An apocalypse is what this world needs. #nohopeforhumanity
I almost gave you winner of the thread till the last 2 sentences. Lol. We are in the midst of a digital technillogical apocalypse. Soon there will be people who do not leave their house and live on their VR rigs. Sadness fills the air.

SmithBarney

You know honestly, I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, Tagged it on day one, got a note from the clerk(csa) to knock loudly they are hard of hearing... so on day 2 I go out, bang like an idiot on the door(seriously thought I might break something) no answer, I tagged it and left... only to get a message about not knocking loud enough. I told my manager if I knocked any louder the door would have been damaged.

upschuck

You know honestly, I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, Tagged it on day one, got a note from the clerk(csa) to knock loudly they are hard of hearing... so on day 2 I go out, bang like an idiot on the door(seriously thought I might break something) no answer, I tagged it and left... only to get a message about not knocking loud enough. I told my manager if I knocked any louder the door would have been damaged.
Know a driver that would call the center at the stop when he got those types of complaints, and beat the door down while on phone to confirm he was knocking loud enough, and would still get another complaint that he didn't knock loud enough. I'm sure they were sitting right by the door all day, too.

clean hairy

Safety first! They want you to hit doors so hard your hand gets injured and you go out on workers comp?
They want you to carry a hammer so you can knock on the door without injuring your hand, then the Customer is unhappy their door is damaged.
Just can't win.

upschuck

I am surprised my building doesn't have its own site about how bad we are, rolling many loads, and customers not happy.

DriverMD

The average redditor who browses the defaults like /r/funny or other crap like it are ignorant teens who understand nothing about how the world actually works. They believe everyone should conform to their ideals and anyone who says different is wrong and a "dirty conservative".

That being said if you steer well clear of the defaults you can have good discussions on the smaller, more focused subreddits.
Yeah from what I've seen most people are really on delivery drivers' side. Really all I've seen has been good. The fedex/ups driver AMAs are pretty funny.

DriverMD

We should just be able to have those SWAT breaching charges for people who say we dont knock loud enough.