UPS giving the runaround with disability. Vent

So my teamster husband broke his foot over 3 weeks ago (non work related) and he called UPS HR to report his injury. They instructed him to call Teamcare to file disability and to fax in the doctor's note. We immediately faxed in to HR the doctor's note and the Initial Short Disability Form for UPS to fill out and fax back to Teamcare.

So why the hell won't they fill out the Initial Short Disability Form and fax it to Teamcare?!!! Repeated calls to Teamcare says that UPS hasn't and that's why we haven't received the STD yet.

Hubby calls HR and they say they won't fill out the form and instead emailed us (not Teamcare) a generic "Notice of Medical Documentation received" and a Sorter Duties Summary and said that's all Teamcare needs. Teamcare says they have to fill out the damn form.

Seriously? How the hell can they refuse to fill out the Disability Form (that Teamcare swears they are mandated by law to fill out). After every doctor's visit, we have faxed in every Doctor's Status report/note and have kept UPS updated but they are giving us the runaround.

I am so freaking frustrated right now. His Supes are freaking useless and haven't been any help.

Anyone have a contact at HR that will help with this? They deal with this every freaking day and act like people going out on disability never happens.

oldngray

nowhere special
The people in HR never seem able to grasp the concept that the employees are their customers. Even worse, they have little to no accountability for their actions so frequently try to pull crap like this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The people in HR never seem able to grasp the concept that the employees are their customers. Even worse, they have little to no accountability for their actions so frequently try to pull crap like this.

Generalities like this are of little use.

Our HR person (Heather) is wonderful. She takes care of two centers yet always has time to answer any questions that we may have.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I broke my foot years ago. I called the boss and the people that administer my teamster insurance. I have no clue who or where HR is.

Overpaid Union Thug

When I had an out of work injury the only snag in the process was getting the doctor that I was seeing for my injury to sign off on the paperwork. It took almost a week to get it back and that's after I was charged $10 for it. The clinic is swamped with disability patients but damn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I had an out of work injury the only snag in the process was getting the doctor that I was seeing for my injury to sign off on the paperwork. It took almost a week to get it back and that's after I was charged $10 for it. The clinic is swamped with disability patients but damn.

It is becoming common practice for doctor's offices to charge a minimal fee, usually $10, to fill out insurance forms.

Indecisi0n

Keep records and dates of EVERYTHING. Make sure that the doctors are responding to the insurance company. You might send in the paperwork but alot of the time the insurance company's wants to either talk to the doc or is waiting for additional paperwork and is getting blow off my doctors office.

Keep everything well documented in case you have to file and prove your case.

upschuck

When I filled out disability forms, I won't into the center manager's office and had him fill it out on the spot. Took less than 5 mins, just asked me the last day I had worked, and a signature, and off to doctors office. Just left form at doctors office, and they mailed it back a few days later.(they are super busy you know) Best way to do it, instead of faxing it, and it not getting to the right person.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So my teamster husband broke his foot over 3 weeks ago (non work related) and he called UPS HR to report his injury. They instructed him to call Teamcare to file disability and to fax in the doctor's note. We immediately faxed in to HR the doctor's note and the Initial Short Disability Form for UPS to fill out and fax back to Teamcare.

So why the hell won't they fill out the Initial Short Disability Form and fax it to Teamcare?!!! Repeated calls to Teamcare says that UPS hasn't and that's why we haven't received the STD yet.

Hubby calls HR and they say they won't fill out the form and instead emailed us (not Teamcare) a generic "Notice of Medical Documentation received" and a Sorter Duties Summary and said that's all Teamcare needs. Teamcare says they have to fill out the damn form.

Seriously? How the hell can they refuse to fill out the Disability Form (that Teamcare swears they are mandated by law to fill out). After every doctor's visit, we have faxed in every Doctor's Status report/note and have kept UPS updated but they are giving us the runaround.

I am so freaking frustrated right now. His Supes are freaking useless and haven't been any help.

Anyone have a contact at HR that will help with this? They deal with this every freaking day and act like people going out on disability never happens.

Anyone else having issues Teamcare not paying when they are the secondary insurance?

I am "lucky" that both my employer(Anthem-not UPS) and my husband's (UPS) pay for my insurance, so I am doubled insured. My employer's insurance is primary and UPS is secondary. You would think because I am double insured, I would pay 0. Well apparently, Teamcare thinks that they have 0 responsibility and have been dicking me around since June 1st.

I am responsible and whenever I get a new insurance card from my employer I notify whomever is managing the UPS insurance. When I had Anthem and Aetna, Aetna covered my copays, deductibles and RX. When UPS switched us Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois, BCBS-I paid most of the copays and deductibles, sometimes they didn't (ER visit). Medco covered my RX.

Well June 1st came around and my Doctor orders a CT scan to check for Kidney Stones. I go to my CT Scan on June 6th and mass confusion ensues. 1st- 2 cards for 1 insurance plan overwhelmed the receptionist. Teamcare isn't even in their system and BCBS says I am not eligible. Lots of phone calls and finally I have approval for BCBS to pay the 20% of the CT Scan cost.

June 3rd- I attempted to get our RX's filled at Meijer which is part of the Caremark network. The Pharmacist said he couldn't get our info to enter the system and tells me to contact Caremark. I go home and check the Caremark system and it allows to me request refills from our doctors for our "maintenance" Rx.
My husband's RX shows up yesterday and I check the status on mine after I get home today on Caremark's website and it shows that "order still processing". So I call. Guess what? Caremark says "I am not eligible" and that I contact Teamcare.

I also got my first Ct Scan bill in the mail today. Teamcare didn't pay anything toward the CT Scan. So that's one more thing I will have to call about tomorrow too.

I call Teamcare and I missed there office hours, so now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what or if Teamcare is going to pay anything. I also checked the website and the benefits form does say "spouse has other insurance".

So is anyone else encountering issues?

The OP, seems to have a lot of medical "issues".

-Bug-

browned out

Take or fax your Teamcare Initial Short Term Disability Form to your doctor. Have your doctor fill out their section. Your husband fills out his section. Then take it to the Center Manager and have him/her fill out that section. Then have your center manager fax it to Teamcare and get a fax receipt showing Teamcare received it.

This is what I did and I have not had any problems.

If he is going to be on disability for a while; make sure he fills out the Continuation of Disability Form very early to insure continued payments.

Good Luck. A lot of hoops to jump through but UPS figures people wont jump thru them or they will jump thru the wrong hoops. Get what you are entitled to.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
102_4149-150x150.jpg