UPS giving the runaround with disability. Vent

Take or fax your Teamcare Initial Short Term Disability Form to your doctor. Have your doctor fill out their section. Your husband fills out his section. Then take it to the Center Manager and have him/her fill out that section. Then have your center manager fax it to Teamcare and get a fax receipt showing Teamcare received it.

This is what I did and I have not had any problems.

If he is going to be on disability for a while; make sure he fills out the Continuation of Disability Form very early to insure continued payments.

Good Luck. A lot of hoops to jump through but UPS figures people wont jump thru them or they will jump thru the wrong hoops. Get what you are entitled to.

Thank you. I appreciate your advice. He's already filled out the Continuation of Disability. Now he knows to contact the Center Manager since his Supes have no friggin clue what to do.

When I had an out of work injury the only snag in the process was getting the doctor that I was seeing for my injury to sign off on the paperwork. It took almost a week to get it back and that's after I was charged $10 for it. The clinic is swamped with disability patients but damn.

Not the doctor's fault, Teamcare received the doctor's info immediately. And I agree about the stupid fee. $15 every time they fill out a new form. *sigh*

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Hmmm... I don't know what your point is. The other post was talking about Coordination of Benefits (in reference to myself), this post is asking about Short Term Disability (in reference to my husband).
Thats all he does,, call people liars.. He is a teamster official NOT A UPS'ER