UPS, greatest company in the world to work for!

Channahon

Let me just say "Thank You UPS". I had no idea what UPS was about when I started as a driver in 1978. I had a couple of male friends that worked for UPS who told me UPS is always hiring.
Just going through a divorce and leaving my last job, and taking a well deserved break, I needed a job again and applied at UPS.

Well, 28 years later, 27 in full time management, made me the person I am today, both professionally and personally, along with being happily retired.

I have always been proud to say I work for UPS. When I would meet someone new and say I work for UPS, well their reaction was always the same - great company.

With just a high school education, I never thought I would have the wealth I have today. UPS worked me hard over the years, and now it is my turn to enjoy my dedication, work ethic and friendships I have made over my career.

brazenbrown

aint that a fact jack!
nothing will replace the bond my son and I have and I will not miss the experiance of fatherhood and watching him grow up and play ball.
We work to live not live to work! I just wish some people will understand.
ps even with spygate, they still lose lool llool

We all make sacrifices!

We all have Weekends OFF! Well, most of us!

We all have FHP's, Sick Days, and good vacation time.

We all work very hard and sometimes too long.

In the end if there is an important graduation, ball game, recital...etc...we can plan ahead and use one of our days or we can just call in if we forget....

Seems pretty good to me!:sad-very:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
They run this place like the church,always make you feel guilty like you didn't do enough,and when they screw up they get moved to another parish
in the long run they are running us into the ground like the Japs did at Battan except they don't shoot us ,just beat us down with threats and warning letters. I'd be happier making 3$ less and being left alone with an ocasional "thata boy'' good job yah right!!!​

Cementups

Box Monkey
I get people that speak in jealousy sometimes about where I work and how much money I make. I tell everyone of them where to filll out an application. I also tell them that I am very fortunate to be 32 and work for UPS and be in the position I am in. It's not like I was sitting there in high school and thinking, "You know, I want to drive a big brown truck for a living." Now, I don''t know that I would trade it for much with the limited knowledge, outside of cardboard, that I have.

Let me just say "Thank You UPS". I had no idea what UPS was about when I started as a driver in 1978. I had a couple of male friends that worked for UPS who told me UPS is always hiring.
Just going through a divorce and leaving my last job, and taking a well deserved break, I needed a job again and applied at UPS.

Well, 28 years later, 27 in full time management, made me the person I am today, both professionally and personally, along with being happily retired.

I have always been proud to say I work for UPS. When I would meet someone new and say I work for UPS, well their reaction was always the same - great company.

With just a high school education, I never thought I would have the wealth I have today. UPS worked me hard over the years, and now it is my turn to enjoy my dedication, work ethic and friendships I have made over my career.

Wow..atleast someone who said something good abt UPS. I have worked in Dubai at management level, and was planning to work with UPS here as well...and everyone on the forum said i must go back to Dubai... looking at this comment i feel i will think abt applying here :-)... thanks

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We dont say bad things basically, we think there are problems, that could be fixed. Chanahan will tell you there are things that need to be fixed. :smart:Even in Dubai things need to be fixed I would guess. I dont think anyone told you to go back to dubai. well maybe one , but they were just kidding

over9five

Staff member
"...but where can you get the pay, benefits and pension we get?"

Someone posted a pretty long list to answer this question quite a while back. I think it may have been Moreluck.

Anyhow, a couple I remember:

Elevator workman (worker, gotta be PC, Over)

Railroad worker

Electrician

Plumber

Police Officer

Toll taker

Fireman

Fnix

Toll Workers here in FL get paid $7 an hour, no benefits, and no overtime. And they are starting to get rid of people and just use the automatic booths.

over9five

Staff member
Toll workers in Mass get $23/hr with full benefits and pension.

...And they are starting to get rid of people and just use the automatic booths.

over9five

Staff member
Here in Mass, it is illegal to use flagmen. Hence, a police officer is required for all road work. They make a killing on "detail work". There was an article in the paper a couple years ago listing all the police officers who made more than the governor!!!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Here in Mass, it is illegal to use flagmen. Hence, a police officer is required for all road work. They make a killing on "detail work". There was an article in the paper a couple years ago listing all the police officers who made more than the governor!!!

I think it was closer to 6 months ago. Was funny to see the guy making 150k with 75k on details lol

feeder53

ADKtrails
I think UPS is as good a job as one makes it. I like it and work outside of UPS too. The outside job is just as micromanaged and problematic, Just less money.

over9five

Staff member
I think it was closer to 6 months ago. Was funny to see the guy making 150k with 75k on details lol

What was worse was that they get paid a minimum 4 hours per detail. So if they were following a lineman who was only checking switches, they got paid 4 hours for each location they stopped. IE, it was common to [-]work[/-] get paid for far more than 24 hours in a day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
As far as my job goes I like it. It's hard work and can be very challenging but I like being out side and not always under the direct eye of mgt. For the most part the customers are decent. I've gotten to know some of them well enough to know their likes and dislikes which makes the job easier in most cases. The mgt however can make every day seem miserable, but I'm not the type to quit. Just keep plodding along. Some days the funiest things happen that make all seem worth it. I guess I just take the good with the bad and file the grievances when I need to.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't remember the exact number but our Toll booth collectors here in PA are in the high $20's/ hour with benefits and they are Teamsters as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't remember the exact number but our Toll booth collectors here in PA are in the high $20's/ hour with benefits and they are Teamsters as well.
I don't see how them people can sit in a little booth all day. You couldn't pay me enough