UPS Ground - Tracking Changed - Very Worried!

Just my opinion, but I don't like how he says UPS should be able to handle it with no extra charge. If you would want us to deliver on Saturday then you either would pay an extra fee (which we charge already), OR you would get a standard delivery week of Tuesday-Saturday and nothing would roll on Mondays. You're not going to get 6 day a week delivery for nothing just because it benefits you. Full time drivers already work enough during the 5 day week, we sure as hell don't want to work 6 days because people "think we should".

You don't want to pay a "premium" fee, but you want us to provide a "premium" service, I like your thinking. When my wife and I fly to Cancun in a few weeks I'll tell the customer service rep at the airline to give us First Class seats/service despite the fact that we are too cheap to pay for it....they should be able to handle it with no extra charge. Its not that we can't provide ground delivery 6 days a week, I'm sure we COULD....but does the small benefit to residential customers (MOST small companys are closed on weekends) offset all the overtime costs (drivers, loaders, feeder drivers) that it would cost? Probably not.

There is a reason the USPS is going broke.

One, don`t climb up the guys ass for a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. My tossing out a 20% surcharge was to see if the hypothetical fee would be worth the service to a customer.

That being said once again we have to try and explain what some have a hard time understanding.

(Fee)
I`ll bet UPS will make an attempt at a surcharge for sat ground service to test the waters before they just go with a six day delivery week. Why leave fruit on the tree. However if FedEx were to offer the same service at no extra charge the UPS would follow suit.

(6 day delivery week)
Notice how I said "delivery week" and not "work week".
Your statement: "OR you would get a standard delivery week of Tuesday-Saturday and nothing would roll on Mondays. You're not going to get 6 day a week delivery for nothing just because it benefits you. Full time drivers already work enough during the 5 day week, we sure as hell don't want to work 6 days because people "think we should".
Pretty ballsy demands there. It may have slipped past me,are you the president of the Teamsters nationally or locally? If UPS decides to, and the language is already there, it could go to a 6 day DELIVERY week. To man that DELIVERY week it would have a staff of drivers who would work a 5 day WORK week. Some would WORK M-friend, some would WORK t-s. As you can see ,hopefully, all of these drivers would WORK a 5 day WORK week. It would most likely be done by bidding or possibly by seniority.

UPS already has a 6 day week (actually 7) in place. We follow this plan in Feeder each and every week. We have S-T,M-friend,and T-S drivers in place. 350+ at my building on the 705 side alone. Each and every position is chosen by seniority bid. Some get exactly what they want, others get what their seniority gets them. It doesn`t make every one happy but thems the breaks. However each and every driver only WORKS a 5 day WORK week. Hours of service rules apply to each one the same way based on their 5 day WORK week.

If UPS decided to go this way in Package then your driver board would resemble our Feeder board. If you have the whiskers then you would be able to get the job you want,if not then you`ll get what your seniority will get you.
Demands and temper tantrums aside you will fit into this new design or you will be welcome to leave. As you can see on BC there are numerous people waiting for your position.

Short of having Dizzee draw up a Sesame Street cartoon where BigBird draws Oscar the Grouch a picture on a chalkboard I don`t think I can make this any simpler for you.

Not going to argue on the matter of the Sat thing as I was only giving my opinion as asked.

On another note, My package has been moving from Cali to NJ this whole week. It hasn't updated yet that it arrived at NJ.
Im guessing UPS still "delivers" on Sat to it's next drop off point?

Sorry to get you involved in our discussion. As you can see it` a bit heated. Thank You again for your answer.
Your package is coming either by rail or by truck in our Feeder system. As these trailers arrive they are sorted and distributed to the more specific delivery centers. Trailers move in the feeder system six days a week usually M-S, At the end of that week they do stop but they will resume movement at the beginning of the next week.

Taco

On another note, My package has been moving from Cali to NJ this whole week. It hasn't updated yet that it arrived at NJ.
Im guessing UPS still "delivers" on Sat to it's next drop off point?
Feeders run 7 days a week (though significantly less on the weekends). The package might not be on a feeder, it could be on a train. Trains also run 7 days a week (UPS doesn't operate the trains). I'm surprised it didn't pass through CACH, but don't be surprised if you don't see a scan until 6am local time Monday.

Sorry to get you involved in our discussion. As you can see it` a bit heated. Thank You again for your answer.
Your package is coming either by rail or by truck in our Feeder system. As these trailers arrive they are sorted and distributed to the more specific delivery centers. Trailers move in the feeder system six days a week usually M-S, At the end of that week they do stop but they will resume movement at the beginning of the next week.
Don't worry about it! Just glad to give my feedback on it.

Thank you. Just trying to be 100% sure my $900 camera doesn't get lost in it's track across the country.

Feeders run 7 days a week (though significantly less on the weekends). The package might not be on a feeder, it could be on a train. Trains also run 7 days a week (UPS doesn't operate the trains). I'm surprised it didn't pass through CACH, but don't be surprised if you don't see a scan until 6am local time Monday.

Thanks for you help. Wanted to know if infact my package was still moving to NJ or not.
Still don't understand what a feeder is but thanks for the help. :peaceful:

Don't worry about it! Just glad to give my feedback on it.

Thank you. Just trying to be 100% sure my $900 camera doesn't get lost in it's track across the country.

Thanks for you help. Wanted to know if infact my package was still moving to NJ or not.
Still don't understand what a feeder is but thanks for the help. :peaceful:

Feeders are the term for the semi-trucks. I`m sure we have not lost your camera, run over it with a truck possibly, but not lost.j/k

iowa boy

Im betting that this thing is either on a sleeper run or riding piggyback on a train. Either one of these options do not allow for actual physical scans to be put on a package until it is unloaded from the trailer.

bluehdmc

Just a wild guess(semi educated), but your package may be on a train, get unloaded Sunday in either Parsippany or Saddle Brook, then get sent to I'm gonna guess Island City and be out for delivery Mon morning.
UPS doesn't sort packages 7 days a week but we have S-Thursday sorts in 2 hubs in NJ, most of the work sorted is off the trains.

Just a wild guess(semi educated), but your package may be on a train, get unloaded Sunday in either Parsippany or Saddle Brook, then get sent to I'm gonna guess Island City and be out for delivery Mon morning.
UPS doesn't sort packages 7 days a week but we have S-Thursday sorts in 2 hubs in NJ, most of the work sorted is off the trains.
Wow nice guess. :) It arrived at Parsippany this morning.
Now I live in New York so will it leave NJ today as well? Seeing as it's suppose to arrive to me tomorrow.

spif91

4 days from Cali to NJ tells me it went on the rail. See no problems to be worried about. Should be out for delivery in the morning. You will have to be there or leave a note to to have pkg directed to a neighbor because of the sig required though.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Short of having Dizzee draw up a Sesame Street cartoon where BigBird draws Oscar the Grouch a picture on a chalkboard I don`t think I can make this any simpler for you.

Still waiting for the picture.....I'm a little slow to understand your post cause I'm just a dumb driver and you are....wait, who the hell are you?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Someone who understands the concept of a 6 day delivery week without looking like an idiot.

I understand it, idiot. We deliver 6 days already what with the Saturday delivery and all. I'm saying its never going to happen where its a standard 6 day delivery and I just don't think it will happen period. Now, if it does than by all means you can rub it in my face....until then I'll be waiting

May I ask when's the latest that they move items between states?

My package is still in New Jeysey, or atleast has not updated that it's left. Even though it arrived at NJ 8am.

Taco

Midnight shift doesn't start for another two hours.

It's possible it won't get on a truck until 2am local time. I know you're anxious, but relax a bit. It'll get to your center in time to get on a package car.