UPS guy steals Xmas gift left by Fed-Ex guy!

HomeDelivery

Why the hell didnt the fedex guy live that ipad at the back door or side door completely out of sight.

look at upstate's reply... the customer printed out an e-sig form & there's a list of where the box can be DR-ed... I would still try to hide it from street view (I did w/ 2 ipads ~ weather bagged them 1st & pulled the garbage can lid over it)

well, except for the following:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/can-you-tell-condo-has-package-347816/

this wasn't an ipad, but a box of clothes

overflowed

I am in NO way condoning the theft. I hope the man is convicted - however, you purchase a mini iPad and leave a note for the delivery to be left on the front porch? (It appeared to me that the recipient had left a note - the FedEx man took a paper, read it, left the package and took the note with him.) I don't think that is wise. That should have been a signature required package? If I wasn't going to be home; have it delivered to an alternate address. JMHO
It was a fedex online deal if you want you package left paper. Tracking # bla bla . You guys have the same. Indirect sig.

BleedsBrown

if he was indeed a helper, we all know helpers dont know squat about the company all they do is run packages, it is possible it was picked up by mistake? im sure it didnt have " i pad mini inside" plastered on the box...

S

serenity now

Apple gives the consignee the option to download and fill out the e-sig form where the consignee authorizes the delivery and requests a specific delivery location. The FedEx driver did a very good job of comparing the information on the e-sig to that on the package; however, he did a lousy job of hiding the pkg. I would have hid it right behind the flower pot and covered it up with the wiring or whatever that was behind the flower pot.

what flower pot?

Ms.PacMan

If that was a helper - he could have thought it was an ARS package and took it back to the driver. Am I the only driver who's ever had that happen?

Brain Genocide

How does a helper take a package back to the truck with out the driver knowing? Nothing goes in or out of the truck without my driver knowing, my personal bag is open and he has access at all times.

Besides, a mini iPad is not worth a felony conviction.

jaker

trolling
If that was a helper - he could have thought it was an ARS package and took it back to the driver. Am I the only driver who's ever had that happen?
That what I was thinking , he looked at the diad like he compare the address and said yeah this is the one

Ms.PacMan

But wouldn't the video have then shown the helper sheepishly bringing it back?
Yes but that doesn't mean it was included in what we saw on the internet.

How does a helper take a package back to the truck with out the driver knowing? Nothing goes in or out of the truck without my driver knowing, my personal bag is open and he has access at all times.
When I had a helper bring me a package I told him to put it back. Of course a driver would know.

I'm not saying the video is or is not theft by a driver or maybe a helper - just offering an alternative explanation based on a personal experience.