UPS handwriiten label billing

worldwide

One of our AE's told me this last Thursday as he was in the process of converting one of my SRM pickups to a Smart Pickup.

That AE was either lying to you or ignorant of the facts. Either excuse is not acceptable.

Ask him to show you in the service guide and/or tariff.

S

selfcancelsignal

I prefer the books on the delivery side & the documents on the pick up side. Both need to become obsolete! I can't stand having the documents on the delivery side & having to enter the account number & or weight manually. How often is it actually legible or even there anyway? What a PITA! Garbage!

S

selfcancelsignal

It boggles my mind that EVERY UPS label in the year 2015 is NOT computer generated. Also boggling my mind? How every pick up is not a smart pick up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone remember the slogan "Online in '99"? Everything was supposedly going to be all computerized by then.
Actually, the Corporate goal was 95% of the Daily Shippers.
Since then the Teleship was been removed, a PLD solution has been put in our customer counters and the UPS Store and UPS Internet Shipping processes over $5 billion in shipments per year.

I still have the PLD Strategy Manual assigned to me in 1994.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually, the Corporate goal was 95% of the Daily Shippers.
Since then the Teleship was been removed, a PLD solution has been put in our customer counters and the UPS Store and UPS Internet Shipping processes over $5 billion in shipments per year.

I still have the PLD Strategy Manual assigned to me in 1994.
IT Head.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone remember the slogan "Online in '99"? Everything was supposedly going to be all computerized by then.

For the most part it is. New pickup accounts must be computerized and the company is slowly converting those still using paper.

I finally got my local Walmart to switch to the computer for their pickups. It took them forever to finally decide to make the switch. I also got a local bike shop to not only switch to the computer but to convert to a Smart Pickup. I have not had to stop there since and they save 50% on their weekly pickup charge.

mmmbrownies

I've always had this question in regards to ASD, and ground as well. When entering the account number into the diad, what are you supposed to put when it is blank? As in the customer is cheating and trying to send something for free. The diad still requires info to be input, so what do we put in this scenario?

oldngray

nowhere special
I've always had this question in regards to ASD, and ground as well. When entering the account number into the diad, what are you supposed to put when it is blank? As in the customer is cheating and trying to send something for free. The diad still requires info to be input, so what do we put in this scenario?

Type in the name of the shipper. UPS accounting will have to figure it out.