UPS has created a parcel hungry monster. The USPS!

Brownsfan

How big of a deal is this IYHO? Don't forget to read the comments. I agree with quite a few of them.

Either way it's time for UPS to pull its head out of its butt, when it come to PO and Amazon! Both are willing to lose money to be the last survivors left. IE walmart failed. model.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I read this last night. I think it's BS that the post office is allowed to deliver business to consumer packages. They have an unfair cost advantage.

But I think they will fail miserably. They don't have the infastructer to to handle large package volume.

brownrod

I read this last night. I think it's BS that the post office is allowed to deliver business to consumer packages. They have an unfair cost advantage.

But I think they will fail miserably. They don't have the infastructer to to handle large package volume.

we are the infrastructure. we deliver those packages to the post office during the day. later that night someone sorts them and loads them on the trucks.
I've delivered to a lot of different post offices. if they hire a couple extra sorters to handle the boxes they are OK.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
we are the infrastructure. we deliver those packages to the post office during the day. later that night someone sorts them and loads them on the trucks.
I've delivered to a lot of different post offices. if they hire a couple extra sorters to handle the boxes they are OK.
This is not surepost we are talking about.

UPS4Life

My mail lady drives a car..... I'd like to see how many boxes will fit in her car is it really worth it? Seems like they're reaching for the stars here. I see peak being worse than last year so this should hopefully point the media somewhere else

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

So.... now they'll be in even deeper debt then they already are? Still BS though. They've always unfairly gotten so many breaks. Luckily for us they always continue to fail.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

The mail folk on my route are too effin lazy to walk 6' to a blocked mailbox.

Heads will explode if and when they have to walk *gasp* all the way to the front door.

aiian

Plus the PO on my route can't even keep up with the 3OO or so SurePost pkgs I give them. I've seen parcels on door steps many days after the transfer.

Good luck.

Brownsfan

After reading the response on here I agree. The Usps is in no way ready for the pain they are begging for. It's a lot like Amazon doing the last mile. It sounds good on paper, reality though is a MF

Rainman

Its all good.
Sure post packages don't have a specific day commit. None of the shipper release packages are guaranteed by a specific day. So the post office can screw this up any way they want and they really haven't lost anything. And neither has UPS once they dump it off at the PO. Only the consignees get screwed.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's how stupid usps is, they should have got into the game of delivering parcels a long time ago. The door was wide open for them to get into it, but their idiots for not doing it and everyday they are failing miserably financially. Its like if you have your own business, you have to change and adjust your business model to stay ahead financially. That's a no brainer really. Adjust to the times or be left behind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's how stupid usps is, they should have got into the game of delivering parcels a long time ago. The door was wide open for them to get into it, but their idiots for not doing it and everyday they are failing miserably financially. Its like if you have your own business, you have to change and adjust your business model to stay ahead financially. That's a no brainer really. Adjust to the times or be left behind.

That's the problem----the Post Office is not allowed to operate like any other business; if they were, they would be allowed to change and adjust as needed and would be operating in the black quarter after quarter.

OPTION3

They also have PROTECTIONS that the average business doesn’t....thats the other side of the “they are not allowed to adjust” argument

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They also have PROTECTIONS that the average business doesn’t....thats the other side of the “they are not allowed to adjust” argument

...hence my "operate like any other business"....

Take away those protections and let them survive on their own.

They would not only survive---they would prosper.

OPTION3

...hence my "operate like any other business"....

Take away those protections and let them survive on their own.

They would not only survive---they would prosper.
sounds good...but it’s in the constitution....It’s real hard to change the constitution for a reason. I know you hate contracts, but the constitution is a form of contract that is real hard to SUBVERT...Thank God, or people like you would do it all the time......wait a minute.....slimy politicians do it everyday? I think I found a job for you when you retire