UPS has created a parcel hungry monster. The USPS!

barnyard

KTM rider
The whole USPS delivers parcels the last mile was started by FE and FE tenders why more volume over to the USPS than we do.

You all know that, right?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution,----since You don’t have a copy.....You can also GOOGLE it.....you do know how to do that, right?

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads".

The United States Postal Service (originally called the U.S. Post Office Department, when it was completely managed by the U.S. Government before 1971) also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service is an independent agency of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States. It is one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution. The USPS traces its roots to 1775 during the Second Continental Congress, whereBenjamin Franklin was appointed the first postmaster general. The cabinet-level Post Office Department was created in 1792 from Franklin's operation and transformed into its current form in 1971 under the Postal Reorganization Act.

No where in there does it state the the USPS shall not have the ability to operate like any other business, to raise rates as needed, to consolidate and/or close less than profitable branches, to expand as need and, most importantly, to pre-fund 75 years worth of pension obligations.

If they were allowed to operate like any other business the Post Office would prosper.

OPTION3

That is NOT the constitution..........stop being lazy by clicking on the wikii link...actually read your constitution

OPTION3

Listen here sweetie.....The GOVERNMENT is mandated to run the post office...They will never be allowed to be run like any other business ...because they are NOT any other business -----as far as “No where in there does it state the the USPS shall not have the ability to operate like any other business, to raise rates as needed, to consolidate and/or close less than profitable branches, to expand as need and, most importantly, to pre-fund 75 years worth of pension obligations.”---This is how subversive people work.....It mandates Congress keep and RUN the post office....once again they can do NONE of the above unless approved by congress...it’s that simple :censored2:bag

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Listen here sweetie.....The GOVERNMENT is mandated to run the post office...They will never be allowed to be run like any other business ...because they are NOT any other business -----as far as “No where in there does it state the the USPS shall not have the ability to operate like any other business, to raise rates as needed, to consolidate and/or close less than profitable branches, to expand as need and, most importantly, to pre-fund 75 years worth of pension obligations.”---This is how subversive people work.....It mandates Congress keep and RUN the post office....once again they can do NONE of the above unless approved by congress...it’s that simple :censored2:bag

You are interpreting what is simply not there. The government's only obligation was to establish a Post Office, which is an independent government agency. The Postmaster General is charged with running the Post Office. If the PG were given free reign to run the PO like any other Fortune 500 company the PO would prosper.

The Post Office is a business----period.

There is a reason you are on ignore and I don't know for the life of my why I decided to take you off this morning.

OPTION3

which is why congress is mandated to
You are interpreting what is simply not there. The government's only obligation was to establish a Post Office, which is an independent government agency. The Postmaster General is charged with running the Post Office. If the PG were given free reign to run the PO like any other Fortune 500 company the PO would prosper.

The Post Office is a business----period.

There is a reason you are on ignore and I don't know for the life of my why I decided to take you off this morning.
Wrong again......you take me off ignore when you need to go to school....go back under the desk please...let me ask you this...who employs the postmaster general?...time for the mental midget to take his ball and run home

rod

Retired 22 years
Although upstate says he has his super "ignore list" the truth is a know-it-all can't ignore anyone. They have to get their two cents in on every subject.

Overpaid Union Thug

The business in question loses all of that money because they are not allowed to operate like any other business.

UPS would never have made it to 107 years with the same restrictions in place.

You are assuming that without the Congressionally mandated pension allocations the union wouldn't be fighting for their pensions. That is a huge miscalculation on your part. But lets entertain that theory for a moment and the union and employees agree to DRASTICALLY modify or almost completely cut pension allocations. What are we left with? The same poor service and logistical nightmare that the USPS has always been. If they are able to unfairly slash prices on the scale mentioned in the article then they will, in fact, have an advantage (whether it be ridiculously unfair or not) over all competitors. But based on the USPS's history of squandering advantages I'd say that we have little to worry about.

And UPS has been unionized for quite a long time and has done pretty well while having to allocate money to pensions.