UPS hat / cap : do you wear one?

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I ordered the "Crocodile Dundee hat" as a joke but have grown fond of it. It shields the sun when its blazing hot and provides a decent cover from the rain.

bigblu 2 you

got used to wearing one as a youngster{blocks suns rays}and seldom work without one.when the rain is heavy,and snow i wear the "bush/outback"style.when the heat is up i go for the visor.had a jumper with me a few days ago and set my cap on the dash for a while and he looked at me and said,"ive never seen you with your cap off".

upsman68

I wear a hat everyday. I have the safari hat and it keeps the hot Texas sun off me. According to Upstate if you block the sun out in your mind then it won't affect you. :laughing:

Acc0rd

We had a ton of our drivers wearing the stupid looking boonie hat. All the drivers that wanted them *the old guys* got them and wore them. They looked rediculous with them on, I just laughed nonstop. I say either wear a standard hat or none at all. I cant believe they let them wear those and actually ordered them for the drivers.

DorkHead

This time of year I wear the visor. Soak the terry cloth lining in my cooler of melted ice water and put it on! Very refreshing.

tjpickett

I wear a hat everyday. I have the safari hat and it keeps the hot Texas sun off me. According to Upstate if you block the sun out in your mind then it won't affect you. :laughing:

is that the floppy Boonie hat or the more sturdy hat like the second pic in OPs post? I'm asking because, in Redmond we have a transfer driver from Az, and he has second style hat...we want them...keeps rain off better than boonie, and its vented for breathing. Unfortunately, he can't remeber the order # ( probably because we can't order our own uniforms ) and our manager can't find it...any help in tracking it down would be appreciated, theres about 12 of us outta the 50 that want one.
Thanks

working up a sweat

I work inside an air hub. I have to wear a hat because I sweat a lot. A ball cap prevents the sweat from running down into my eyes and face. I asked the night shift manager if he could get me a new UPS cap. He got me a hat right before I went on vacation. On my vacation I went to FLA. In the airport while waiting for a flight, an elderly lady saw me wearing the hat and asked me if I could help and carry her suitcase for her. I just smiled and replied, "sure". When I got back, the boss asked me how I like my new hat. I told him about carrying an elderly lady's bag at the airport. He laughed, and I replied " Just flying the UPS flag".

ScottCraig

Already have had skin cancer. Sunscreen just burns my eyes when I sweat, and we all do that with this job. Anyone have pic's and order number of this wide brime hat?

Notretiredyet

It's called a wide brimmed summer hat in our region, at first they required a doctors note to order. Now they're supposed to be be available for everyone, some center manager's discourage them due to cost. If you want one use to skin cancer argument to get one. Also a coating of scotchgard spray makes them somewhat waterproof.