UPS Hit with 5.3 Million Dollar Judgement for Hostile work enviroment

Box Ox

"The lawsuit says that a UPS manager made a dummy in a UPS uniform that hung from the ceiling from Aug. 9 to Aug. 13, 2012."

Annnnd I'll add him to my list of people who can't possibly be smart enough to put on shoes and go to work every day.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Susan Rosenberg, spokeswoman at the UPS corporate office in Atlanta, said the company “is obviously disappointed with the jury’s decision. ...We’re going to consider options for appeal.”

UPS has “strict policies against harassment and discrimination,” Rosenberg said. “We reinforce that there will be no retaliation when concerns are raised.”

Twine was tied around the dummy’s neck and to the ceiling to “prevent the dummy from falling forward,” the lawsuit says UPS claimed.

Rosenberg, the UPS spokeswoman, said it is a part of corporate training and practice “to have the workplace free of discrimination and harassment.

"We expect our managers to follow all the UPS policies for fairness and to treat employees with respect.”

We used to have a saying in law enforcement...How do you know your suspect is lying to you?
Answer: Their lips are moving. I guess the same can be said for the UPS spin doctors...

Just another example of the blatant lies and tactics used against the employees by management. In all fairness though, the managers we deal with probably get the harassment and intimidation tenfold by their managers and then by their managers.

You would think that low level managers like OCS and CMs would have a little more humility and empathy towards their subordinates. I know, too much to ask but I digress...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You would think that low level managers like OCS and CMs would have a little more humility and empathy towards their subordinates. I know, too much to ask but I digress...

They get crapped on and treated like dirt by their bosses, so they take it out on their subordinates.

It comes from the top down. Always has, always will.

The bottom guys just have to take it. They have no one to give it to.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
They get crapped on and treated like dirt by their bosses, so they take it out on their subordinates.

It comes from the top down. Always has, always will.

The bottom guys just have to take it. They have no one to give it to.
It would stop at me even if I did have subordinates. Anyone who feels the need to send it downhill is just a sad little person.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Am I the only one who thinks this is complete bull:censored2:? I actually believe the dummy was there to show work methods and these guys saw an easy pay day and pulled the race card. This is the problem, people think whenever something bad happens to them they deserve money. No, if management was in fact being racist they should lose their jobs and nothing more. Emotional distress get the :censored2: out of here.

10 point

Am I the only one who thinks this is complete bull:censored2:? I actually believe the dummy was there to show work methods and these guys saw an easy pay day and pulled the race card. This is the problem, people think whenever something bad happens to them they deserve money. No, if management was in fact being racist they should lose their jobs and nothing more. Emotional distress get the :censored2: out of here.
That was a dumb move.
Should've used a white dummy and common sense not to tie the rope around the figure's neck.

Especially down south.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just my opinion. We have become wimps. Stand up for yourself. just because you make good money, doesnt mean they get to treat you like a second class citizen. You wouldnt take it on the street, but you take it from them.
I get it, I lived it. good jobs are hard to find and keep. So is self esteem, pride, and reputation.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
“We reinforce that there will be no retaliation when concerns are raised.”

LOL.
That is so funny. They retaliate before concerns are raised. Now if they had an 800 number that actually did anything...instead of just preveiwing things to come, it might be considered respectable, but they do not.