UPS hub in Bay Area?

yoshi007

Hey UPSers...;-)

Does anyone of you know the location of an UPS hub, I mean a really good and big one, in the Bay Area? Around or in San Francisco, CA or in Silicon Valley?

I will be there in summer, and I wanted to visit a big hub with customer center or so...I do not mean the UPS Stores! I mean the hubs with many trucks...:-D

Thanks a lot,

yoshi

feederdude

Don't go to Oakland. Bunch of morons there. Either San Francisco, San Bruno, Sacramento, or Northbay. The Northbay hub is neat, the train drives right onto the property for loading and unloading.
Feederdude

yoshi007

Don't go to Oakland. Bunch of morons there. Either San Francisco, San Bruno, Sacramento, or Northbay. The Northbay hub is neat, the train drives right onto the property for loading and unloading.
Feederdude
Okay, thanks!
Could you give me the address of the SF hub?
Street and number?

Thanks

P

pickup

afterwards , if you have time, go take a visit to the naval base. If you're not sure how to get there, ask directions.

The Nuclear Wessels?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In that case, I would think you two would get along pretty well. No offense intended, but you certainly can not deny your enthusiasm for this outfit. I know, it is "your career".

I would most certainly hope that his "fascination" for all things UPS and my enthusiam in furthering my career are in no way one in the same. I do not apologize for going the extra step while doing my job, even though that is not the union way of doing things.

Case in point--had a pkg for an apt bldg which did not have the apt # but did have the phone number. Called it several times on Monday and got the machine. Consignee called me back yesterday and gave me her apt # and asked if she would get her TV the same day. I told her yes, called the bldg and had them do the ADC so that I could run it off on my way home. No, I did not set the TV up for her, but she did thank me for going the extra step. That's the nice part of this job.

yoshi007

Yes, I am a UPS fan...I do not work there.;-)

So I am really happy to visit a real and big UPS hub in the U.S...in Germany we just have smaller ones.

PS: Today I got brand-new UPS socks in brown...so cool!

P

pickup

Oh, Sulu

As Artie Lange once sarcastically responded to this clip " No, you're kidding"

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yoshii,

First you asked about obtaining a uniform, now you're asking about address for a large UPS Hub,you're from Germany and have no affiliation with UPS.

I hope the Corporate monitor's on this site make a note about your inquires. You need to be on the "whats his intention list?".

UPS (and the USA) -vs- Yoshii

yoshi007

Am right now in SF and went to the hub last week...unfortunately the hub was totally secured and I asked a few employees there to get in for making some photos, but there was no chance...but the securitry was ver friendly.

BUT: I went to a few UPS Stores in SF and I met the owner of the Chestnut St Store who was very kind to me. He gave me tons of merchandise and he tries to organize me a tour thru the UPS hub...hope that works.

But I, as a German, have to say...it is AWESOME here for any UPS fan...in SF, especially in the Finance District, you see in almost EVERY street cars.
Talked with many drivers here and all were absolutely friendly and explained me the whole system here....it is definetely different to Germany.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Am right now in SF and went to the hub last week...unfortunately the hub was totally secured and I asked a few employees there to get in for making some photos, but there was no chance...but the securitry was ver friendly.

BUT: I went to a few UPS Stores in SF and I met the owner of the Chestnut St Store who was very kind to me. He gave me tons of merchandise and he tries to organize me a tour thru the UPS hub...hope that works.

But I, as a German, have to say...it is AWESOME here for any UPS fan...in SF, especially in the Finance District, you see in almost EVERY street cars.
Talked with many drivers here and all were absolutely friendly and explained me the whole system here....it is definetely different to Germany.

Hate to burst your bubble but UPS doesnt allow photos of the inside of the hub....Theres a another UPS related message board that has tons of pics inside the hub of damaged packages and such