Ups iam national contract

harleyrik

The Union wants "Labor Peace" as much as the company and lack of time to discuss and debate the language.

Thus the national voting system virtually guarantees a majority "Yes" vote.
Which means, in essence, the votes are counted before they are cast. Done deal. In the bag. A mere formality... Kinda like voting in Iran.

Pip

Just got an e-mail from IAM, and they have posted it on their website as well. The contract is officially passed. I know others have posted they heard it was passed, but I tend to go with official news. Evidently passed by a big margin, I believe 82%.

JonB701

I was recently informed that there is a member on this site using the nickname JonFrum. Some folks think that's me, since my name is Jon and I was the BA for Local 701 involved in the prior UPS contract negotiation (and subsequently suspended). I just wanted everyone to know that JonFrum is not me. I have no comment on his comments -- he's free to say as he will. He's just not me.

Jon Baker

Boomer

I was recently informed that there is a member on this site using the nickname JonFrum. Some folks think that's me, since my name is Jon and I was the BA for Local 701 involved in the prior UPS contract negotiation (and subsequently suspended). I just wanted everyone to know that JonFrum is not me. I have no comment on his comments -- he's free to say as he will. He's just not me.

Jon Baker
And one of the best BA's we had, thanks Jon :thumbsup:

Boomer

Now that this contract packaged got rammed up our a butt, do you want to wait 5 more yrs for the next one and have the same crap happen, we need to organize and be prepared. We need to compile a list of these 33 iam sites and have one rep on this site from each place so the moment the contract comes out we can email it to everyone and we can add up our own votes and we don't have to wait and guess what's going on.It' s up to all of us to get involved.

me1518

Jon,
it is great to hear you are doing well. Miss your experience in negotiating a fare contract. Wish you were here.
I have lost ALL faith in union officials at 701 and IAM. They do not have our (union members) best interest in mind.
I too agree with BOOMER, we need to get in contact with the other 33 Locals / Lodges to prepare for the next battle in five years.
Get ready ALL union members to pony up to the table and take a big bite of the smile* sandwich. Again, we have five more years of pure HELL of dealing with this company.
This company loves to divide and conquer and create discord among the Union brothers.
May God be with us all.

Now that this contract packaged got rammed up our a butt, do you want to wait 5 more yrs for the next one and have the same crap happen, we need to organize and be prepared. We need to compile a list of these 33 iam sites and have one rep on this site from each place so the moment the contract comes out we can email it to everyone and we can add up our own votes and we don't have to wait and guess what's going on.It' s up to all of us to get involved.
This seems pretty tough to do,when you dont see the contrst until the day of the vote!