UPS & IBT 2013 Contract - UPS Press Release as of 3/7/2013

J

jibbs

Keep throwing part timers under the bus and some day or contract they are gonna all vote and stick it to the full timers. We are all TEAMSTERS you full timers are no better than us part timers. Yet full timers like you continue to give part timers no respect and think part time contract is "another story" or should be discussed on diff thread? I love whe drivers come in and cry about their load quality yet making 32 an hour. Dont expect high quality for 8.50 an hr, you get what you pay for and negotiate for! U voted for it!

Whoa! I don't think Hoax' is throwing us under the bus... I'm pretty sure his comment is grounded more in observation than personal opinion. PTers as a whole aren't very involved in union issues, and as a result we'll likely get shafted while FTers... well... I lack the reference here, but it seems like the general consensus is they'll get less dicked around than we will.

kingOFchester

Par timers could control the contract. They could demand that drivers take a 15% reduction in pay and demand a 15% increase in pay for the part time ranks. Would suck for us full timers but could be a good benefit for the part timers. They have the numbers. Surprised that UPS isn't educating the part timers of their power. I guess it would come back to bite UPS in the future, just thinking out loud.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Par timers could control the contract. They could demand that drivers take a 15% reduction in pay and demand a 15% increase in pay for the part time ranks. Would suck for us full timers but could be a good benefit for the part timers. They have the numbers. Surprised that UPS isn't educating the part timers of their power. I guess it would come back to bite UPS in the future, just thinking out loud.

15% more of nothing is still nothing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Keep throwing part timers under the bus and some day or contract they are gonna all vote and stick it to the full timers. We are all TEAMSTERS you full timers are no better than us part timers. Yet full timers like you continue to give part timers no respect and think part time contract is "another story" or should be discussed on diff thread? I love whe drivers come in and cry about their load quality yet making 32 an hour. Dont expect high quality for 8.50 an hr, you get what you pay for and negotiate for! U voted for it!

Hey, hey, hey!

I'm always sticking up for part-timers and agree with the fact that greedy full-time drivers overlook your rightful needs.

OK, going forward, I will stick up for part-timers except anyone named Rudy!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Hey, hey, hey!

I'm always sticking up for part-timers and agree with the fact that greedy full-time drivers overlook your rightful needs.

OK, going forward, I will stick up for part-timers except anyone named Rudy!

What if UPS decides to fire most part time employees. Put more full time areas. Have each load their own areas w 8hr days. They would save millions.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What if UPS decides to fire most part time employees. Put more full time areas. Have each load their own areas w 8hr days. They would save millions.

Not true, that's why even in the smallest buildings ups has been putting in part time preloads instead of keeping the driver sort and load.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I will continue to vote NO on every contract until the provision that air drivers are Required to work on days at normal pay while everyone else who works gets overtime.
( the day after Thanksgiving )

PT Car Washer

I will continue to vote NO on every contract until the provision that air drivers are Required to work on days at normal pay while everyone else who works gets overtime.
( the day after Thanksgiving )
Just looking out for your self? Get smart and take vacation that week. Unless you do not have enough seniority and then to bad.

happybob

Feeders
It sucks that the pay rate for part time employees in our company is so low, but we also have to see that most companies don't provide any benefits to part time employees. With Obamacare you are seeing more companies lowering the hours worked by thier workers, just so they can force them into his health plan. Add the cost of all the benefits provided and the part time employees at UPS have a better deal than most part time workers in this country. Can the company afford to pay a higher rate of pay for the par time workers, sure they can, and only when you get involved and vote will you see the rate changed. Us full time employees fight for what we want in the contract and you should vote the same way. If the partimers band together and vote the contract down(highly unlikely) and the union takes us out on strike(ever higher unlikely) I will stand beside you on that picket line, just as I did in 97 when fighting for more full time jobs. In 97 it wasn't about creating more full time driver positions. That strike was about giving the part time workers more full time positions. I and many others thought they were going to be better paying than they ended up being and still think they should be. Allowing the company to butcher those jobs has been and will continue to be a shame. Will the unon ever get it right, doubt it. It will take us voting no on the conpany proposals until they do, not just letting the union deciding whats best for us but us deciding it for ouselves.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just looking out for your self? Get smart and take vacation that week. Unless you do not have enough seniority and then to bad.

I hate to inform you , but your youth is showing .
That is the most immature posting I have seen to date.

I will continue to reject every contract until the provision that all air drivers are required to work on a holiday at straight pay , while anyone else who works gets ot .
Just for your info ; I spent 23 yrs as an air driver out of my 37+ yrs on the job .
I'm not looking out for myself , I'm concerned about equality .

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I will continue to reject every contract until the provision that all air drivers are required to work on a holiday at straight pay , while anyone else who works gets ot .
Just for your info ; I spent 23 yrs as an air driver out of my 37+ yrs on the job .

If you really wanted equality you would support a person born in Nigeria being President!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If you really wanted equality you would support a person born in Nigeria being President!

Hoax, nobody is this stupid! This is easily the dumbest thing I have ever heard, or seen, anyone say in the last 5 years! please, for the love of god buy a clue!! Every time you open your gash the public substracts 50 IQ points from everybody they see in brown.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hoax, nobody is this stupid! This is easily the dumbest thing I have ever heard, or seen, anyone say in the last 5 years! please, for the love of god buy a clue!! Every time you open your gash the public substracts 50 IQ points from everybody they see in brown.
I believe Hoax was usinge satire/sarcasm. I dont believe someone with 94 posts should spout off quite like you did.....Whoa cowboy.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Down here anyone forced to work on air only days get double time + 8 hrs holiday, starting from the bottom up. If you volunteer you're only supposed to get straight time, but they give double because they want senior drivers working.

balland chain

just an FYI, I filed a grievance back around 1992 about that issue. They were throwing the 3 day select on air only days. The grievance went all they way to the national panel. I won the grievance, because 3 day select is transported by ground. Included in the grievance was the pay issue. I will look and find the exact docket number so you can reference with your local. You should be getting paid time and a half. Will post later,

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Strange you did not correct Hoax's error .
The only thing that comes out of Nigeria is internet con games.