UPS & IBT 2013 Contract - UPS Press Release as of 3/7/2013

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There are 90,000 to 100,000 package drive's in the us. How does that math work when a loader does a set and the cach Bldg is all Ft's (9,000).

What I remember is that the figures said
240,000 Teamster total employees
95,000 Teamster fulltime employees

I must admit it may have been 95,000 drivers (Package and Feeder) instead of full-timers.
I equate the two which is not correct it seems.

And you might be in a better position to get at the real numbers because this was a Teamster memo/release that I'm quoting ... I think it was right after the last contract.

Buck Fifty

THIS PRESS RELEASE SAYS "NOTHING".

Its a worthless piece of paper, like everything else UPS creates and attempts to feed us each and everyday.

We are prepared to strike this company on August 1st should they maintain the position they currently hold.

willstrikeifprovoked.jpg

We mean business, just like they do.

Peace

TOS

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was told by multiple sources that the company gives the Teamsters X amount of $ per hour and the union divides it up assigning a dollar per hour amount to each group. Any truth to that? If so, maybe you should talk to your BA and or the IBT and let them know what you think about their math.
I was told by a labor law professor many years ago that this was the way contracts are negotiated.....UPS asks the Teamsters, ..How much is it going to do business with you for the duration of the contract ??...They haggle over some items,..they are resolved, then UPS cuts a check to the Teamsters.........everything after that is out of hands of UPS.

What I remember is that the figures said
240,000 Teamster total employees
95,000 Teamster fulltime employees

I must admit it may have been 95,000 drivers (Package and Feeder) instead of full-timers.
I equate the two which is not correct it seems.

And you might be in a better position to get at the real numbers because this was a Teamster memo/release that I'm quoting ... I think it was right after the last contract.
Your right 95,000ish (package and feeder) not sure how many in side Ft's workers I bet it's 40,000 to 60,000.

FAVREFAN

There are 90,000 to 100,000 package drive's in the us. How does that math work when a loader does a set and the cach Bldg is all Ft's (9,000).
Not sure if I can read your jibberish but if you think there are 9,000 full timers at CACH you defintiely have some source issues. Someone chime in with the numbers? I think the building employs less than 7,500 total union and non union employees now. All of Local 705 has or is supposed to have 1,100 22.3 jobs.

Not sure if I can read your jibberish but if you think there are 9,000 full timers at CACH you defintiely have some source issues. Someone chime in with the numbers? I think the building employs less than 7,500 total union and non union employees now. All of Local 705 has or is supposed to have 1,100 22.3 jobs.
Sorry 8,000 employes 7,000 to 7,500 union 1,000 to 500 management. There are four 8 hour shifts so how many part timers are there. And thats on wiki.