Re-Raise

I deliver to the area I live in. My route covers three different counties and I am on a first name basis with every policeman and deputy in those counties. The State's Attorney is in a Fantasy Football league with me.

Not only do I not get tickets...I can probably get you out of one

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No luck for me, was pulled over in my own car after work one day and got ticketed in uniform.

Aw man, don't keep us hanging... what was the offense to have an occifer give u a ticket w no leniency?

When i got pulled over for that expired sticker on the windshield, i sorta complimented that he had good eyesight to see it & played dumb... asking if the possible ticket would ruin my safe driving record fo my job ~ LoL

pierregarcon

What I love is the Barney Fife "citizens arrest" type folks who tell me I can't park somewhere. Go ahead and call Johnny Law. First off, I'll be long gone. Second, if they do actually get there fast enough to see me "illegally" parked, they are gonna tell you to shut up, go home, and mind your business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Aw man, don't keep us hanging... what was the offense to have an occifer give u a ticket w no leniency?

When i got pulled over for that expired sticker on the windshield, i sorta complimented that he had good eyesight to see it & played dumb... asking if the possible ticket would ruin my safe driving record fo my job ~ LoL

Expired inspections are normally given a 10 day "fix it" ticket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I love is the Barney Fife "citizens arrest" type folks who tell me I can't park somewhere. Go ahead and call Johnny Law. First off, I'll be long gone. Second, if they do actually get there fast enough to see me "illegally" parked, they are gonna tell you to shut up, go home, and mind your business.

Smart phones w/cameras?

Re-Raise

image.jpeg I have been involved in a few investigations with local law enforcement also, which helps.

DownSouthUPS

I was pulled over in a country town one day. Police officer walks up to the door and says "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Knowing I was going about 10-12 mph over speed limit, I looked at him and said "not a clue". He responds with "Because you probably have my daughters Halloween costume and I need it before she disowns me from being her father because I waited til last minute to order it". So I found the box and gave it to him. He gave me his phone number and told me if I ever need anything to give him a call. Get outta jail free card I'm thinking!

landrick

Ha. I wish. Traffic cops ran a speed trap for several days in a row last year on a major street near the hub, but I was too stupid to remember on the third day. Sped up a little to get around a guy who'd been blocking me from getting to the turn lane I needed. I look up right into the gaze of the radar gun. Cop has no interest in talking about it; when I say it can affect my job, he says, well, you can do traffic school to keep it off your record. All of which is fine...except the damned ticket is something like $435 all told. Merry Christmas.

Nimnim

The Nim
Not a driver, but working midnight shift has helped explain things when I'm stopped at 4 am dropping a coworker off at an apartment. They are also more understanding about getting simple things fixed like a taillight out as there's no autopart stores or mechanics that are easy for 3rd shift to get to. I can fix a lot myself, but they don't know it. I also don't put it off long, but I'll be damned if a bulb goes out I'm getting stopped the same day for it.

Keenj

As long as they're not tribal cops. They still hold me until the sheriff or state patrol show up and cut me loose after telling me to slow down.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was pulled over in a country town one day. Police officer walks up to the door and says "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Knowing I was going about 10-12 mph over speed limit, I looked at him and said "not a clue". He responds with "Because you probably have my daughters Halloween costume and I need it before she disowns me from being her father because I waited til last minute to order it". So I found the box and gave it to him. He gave me his phone number and told me if I ever need anything to give him a call. Get outta jail free card I'm thinking!
A cop in a town I deliver to stopped me as well. Needed his surprise engagement ring before I got to his house and his girlfriend/soon to be fiancé/wife answered.