UPS in China

cynic

Can you envision what the working conditions there may be like compared to what we complain about here in the US? I'm actually being serious here.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've always heard it as Puff Puff Pass. But I totally agree, don't be a greedy little cynic, pass that S hit. You're messed up enough in the head already.

Wait were we going clockwise or counterclockwise?

cynic

Puff... Puff... Pass!! (Clockwise, I'm a righty.)

It's the good hydroponic stuff - soon to be covered under the enhanced CSP medical.

The world is good now....

bigblu 2 you

i hear they wont have air-conditioning in vehicles,will be forced to deliver after dark,will be forced to memorize jargon,will be followed and observed while working,and the word on the street is they will be verbally and mentally abused,and might even be asked to follow production standards.wait,,,,a,,,minute.

Pacman

Having seen many different UPS Operations in China they are much the same as operations around the world and here in the US. The PCM's are in Mandarin but beyond that pretty much the same. UPS doesn't have intra country service in all Asia countries so most packages delivered are premium service. China opened after most of the other Asia countries were up and running and the UPS routines and best practices were long established elsewhere and used on start up.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Just something to think about....

US companies are typically prohibited from doing business in China, unless they have a China-based partner with significant ownership of local operations -- often just a shell company merely receiving payment.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
i hear they wont have air-conditioning in vehicles,will be forced to deliver after dark,will be forced to memorize jargon,will be followed and observed while working,and the word on the street is they will be verbally and mentally abused,and might even be asked to follow production standards.wait,,,,a,,,minute.

And make 33 bucks an hour with free healthcare and a pension they can collect in their 50's.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What do they call the famous "chinese wall" in a hub over there?

If you ever worked in the outbound, you know what I'm talking about.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Now they'll see how crappy our uniforms are when they split picking up some PBTeen box. Maybe they'll tell their cousin to do a better job.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

And make 33 bucks an hour with free healthcare and a pension they can collect in their 50's.

God forbid. A living wage and promise to take care of us when we've given all the blood, sweat, and tears we've to give.