UPS In he UK

helenofcalifornia

What is TNT? Here in the states it's a TV channel. So you quit after 10 years. Good for you. I hope the pay and benies are just as good and the work is not quite so physically demanding.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TNT is a world leading provider of express delivery services, logistics supply chain solutions and mail services.

B

BLACK BOX

What is TNT? Here in the states it's a TV channel. So you quit after 10 years. Good for you. I hope the pay and benies are just as good and the work is not quite so physically demanding.

You never know..Ted Turner just might have a piece of that action..

Enigma

More stops than Santa
but there is an almost childlike excitement when you deliver to a famous person (or even semi famous).
As there been a thread started on most famous person delivered to?:thumbup1:

Have to agree there, i can count Angelina Jolie, Elton John and The Osbournes as some my customers :thumbup1: Also got quite a few uk TV stars round my patch.

helenofcalifornia

When you deliver to a famous person, do they answer the door, or does one of their lackey''s? And come on, Angelina Jolie is beautiful, but spells trouble. Who would want all that paparazzi following you and your kids all over the place.

B

burned_by_starlight

When you deliver to a famous person, do they answer the door, or does one of their lackey''s? And come on, Angelina Jolie is beautiful, but spells trouble. Who would want all that paparazzi following you and your kids all over the place.

Who cares??? Like the last poster says she is sooooooooooooohot!!!

Damn you Brad Pitt...As if Jennifer was'nt hot enough!!

Enigma

More stops than Santa

Usually its a housekeeper or similar who answers the door although Angelina has answered it to me on a couple of occasions, up long driveway far from the road and behind tall gates and cameras everywhere so its not like your average joe public can get in or even know she lives there.

CBUK

TNT Terry Norton Transport. Wasn't there a rumour going round that UPS were going to buy them?

The Queen god bless her does cost us UK Taxpayers an awful lot of money but I'm told she also draws in a lot of tourist revenue. So its all a bit ying yang. I find it all very interesting. How many families can trace the ancestors back to the 9th Century? I realise the Windsors are just a bunch of Germans from the 18th Century but you need to spend a day in London to appreciate the mass of history that comes from our Royal Family.

I spent a day at Windsor Castle and I could have stayed for a month. There is soo much to see.

Theres always huge gangs of foreigners at these places as well. Often Americans so whilst I am certainly no royalist I think they are worth having around.

UPS in the UK have tried hard to keep the company as American as possible. The P80 and P81 vehicles we drive are like nothing else on the UK roads and people are always asking me questions about them.

I have had my picture taken no end of times with Americans that work over here.

As for famous customers, I can only think of one that anyone in the US might have heard of and its Ruebens Barichello. I delivered a new Crash helmet to him in Cambridge once.

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
Can't agree more with the statement the of profit over service.

I work in sales in the UK and alll the want from us is blood!!

We are supposed to win new business with rates and a tariff that is not as competitive as our competitors, get collections sorted with local operations when they tell us they cannot collect as they have a full plan, hit all our targets, keep existing bueiness, do atleats 17 different reports a week and approx 2 day's of admin in 1 day, 5 customer meeting of 1 hour a day, drive between meetings, visit centre for morning and am PCM's do more admin, phone calls......all in a 7.5hr day.....combine this with the fact that we have to sign 1 new account per week when it take 2 weeks to get an account opened by credit control and then another week for IT and then another week for the contract to be put into place.....create more time in space.....cold call to find new business, update our TEAMS and sales funnels......again all in7.5hrs a day

They want their cake and to eat it twice but with out buying it in the first place and getting someone else to bake it and then hand feed it too them!!!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
"Angelina Jolie"

She is sooooooooooooooo hot!

I was the doorman at the whisky a go go in hollywood from 1994 until 2002 (as well as a part timer at UPS) 7 nights a week.
I`d say about 10 years ago while at the door I was aproached by a beautiful young lady who I recognised immidiatly as Angelina. She had a body guard with her who was the size of a UPS truck . I asked to see her ID when she got to the door to which I was replied " dont you know who I am " accompanied with one of the dirtiest looks Ive ever seen. to which I replied " I know who you are I just dont know how old you are "

I let her in but didnt give her an ID wristband. she walked inside, straight to the bar and had her bodyguard (who had ID) buy her a dirty martini, walked straight back over to me and threw the drink right in my face then left. I couldnt hit her so we beat the crap out of her bodyguard instead. he was an ******* also.