Ups in movies and tv shows...How?

bear123

has anyone noticed ups bein spotted in most movies and tv shows?...i was curious as to how that comes about...if the company gets paid for that...or we pay them...is it free advertising?...if there is such a thing.....ive seen alot of ups everywhere in movies sometimes its something major as a driver clearly on camera making a delivery and then ive seen a scene as small as the one is "Mr and Ms Smith"...where if u blinked u missed it.. but a packagecar just happen to drive by in a neighborhood over the shoulder of bradpitt...and theres been many many more....i just wantd 2know if anyone knew how this all works out and also what movies or shows have you seen our lovely brown company in?

As the previous witers said, it is called product placement. Just like when you see someone pouring a pepsi or coke in a glass. Pepsi paid the studio to show that product. Coca-Cola owns MGM so you will always see someone drinking a coke in their movie.
Ups pays big bucks to show their package car in a movie. I dont believe the movie people pays Ups. As far as the driver making a delivery, I have a feeling he was an actor, even if it was a walk-on role. In moonstruck with Cher, you see a package car. As I said, Ups paid to have that package car in that scene.

brownboss

Brownblood
I 4got there was this 1 recent girly movie that i shuldnt be admitting 2 watching...but it was about this guys life beind filmed for 24hrs..atleast i think it was 24hrs...and iwanna say the guy was matthew macaughnhey...anyhow its about him falling for his brothers wife and they get together....well his wife works for u.p.s....and in this movie it wasnt any blur or across the street placement of a package car...it shows her getting dreesed in the uniform...it shows him going out 2catch her as she gets in tha package car..yea it blew my mind....funny i cant remember the name of tha movie...has anyone seenit?

Pip

LOL, ok this is falls back to what we were talking about in another thread, about the powers that be, monitoring this board. Been watching this thread, and I went to UPSers.com this morning and low and behold I find this same topic in the Atlantic news section.

Actually with more information then has been posted here, as far as the shows that you can find UPS represented. I'll copy a portion of it, because it does answer a lot of questions.

copied from UPSers.com:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A UPS image has been placed in the following television or film projects (some projects may not yet have been released):[/FONT]

Cable Movie
SIDE ORDER OF LIFE (LIFETIME)

Cable Series
BIG LOVE (HBO)
DIRT (FX)
HUFF (SHOWTIME)
I HATE MY 30S (VH1)
LOVESPRING (LIFETIME)
MICHAEL WALTRIP RACING (ESPN 2)

Feature Films
ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS (FOX)
BLADES OF GLORY (DREAMWORKS)
BUTTERFLY ON A WHEEL (ICON ENTERTAINMENT INTL)
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR (UNIVERSAL)
DADDY'S LITTLE GIRLS (LIONS GATE FILMS)
DECK THE HALLS (20TH CENTURY FOX)
DRILLBIT TAYLOR (PARAMOUNT)
HOME OF THE BRAVE (PARAMOUNT)
I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE (FOX)
LICENSE TO WED (WARNER BROS)
LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD (20TH CENTURY FOX)
LOVERBOY (THINKFILM, INC.)
MIRRORS (20TH CENTURY FOX)
MOTIVES 2 (SONY PICTURES)
NEIGHBOR, THE (TBD)
NORBIT (DREAMWORKS)
NUMBER 23, THE (NEW LINE CINEMA)
PERFECT STRANGER (COLUMBIA / TRI-STAR)
SIXTEEN BLOCKS (WARNER BROS)
SPIDER-MAN 3 (SONY PICTURES)
STICK IT (DISNEY)
TALLADEGA NIGHTS (COLUMBIA / TRI-STAR)
TRANSFORMERS, THE (DREAMWORKS)
WATCHING THE DETECTIVES
YEAR OF THE DOG (PARAMOUNT)

TV Movie
SAFE HARBOUR- LIFETIME MOVIE (LIFETIME)
TV Network Pilot
COMMUNITY SERVICE (NBC)
TV Pilot
DESIRE: TABLE FOR THREE (FOX)
TV Network Series
3 LBS (CBS)
BOSTON LEGAL (ABC)
CLASS, THE (CBS)
DESIRE: WICKED GAMES (FOX)
E.R. (NBC)
GILMORE GIRLS(WBN)
HALF & HALF (UPN)
HOUSE (FOX)
LOOP, THE (FOX)
NCIS (CBS)
'TIL DEATH (FOX)
VERONICA MARS (CW)
WEST WING, THE (NBC)
TV Special
EGMOND FILM (INDEPENDENT)

PS. hope I didn't cross any lines by posting this from UPSers.com. I just figured it would be of interest here, specially with this thread.

diesel96

what a great movie...gotta love
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser
in hackers, the protagonist got a package from gibson, delivered by ups. the uniform, diad, everything, was right.

that's your moment of zen for the day

angelina jolie in it too...

I believe there was a ups delivery made in the Angelina Jolie Movie Lara Croft"Tomb Raider" after she whip :censored2: on some home ivaders and trash her house.After the fight scene ,along comes a UPS delivery to her.

UPS Lifer

I see a TV series missing....The Apprentice. During the second season they did an intro segment at a UPS facility. You know we paid for that! It was staged.
I have been observing UPS involvement in movies and TV for more than 30 years now. You can tell when it is product placement or the luck of being at the right place at the right time. My route was right next to 20th Century Fox in Cheviot Hills which is a stone's throw from Century City. At least 3 times a month I would run into production crews filming on my route.
Two big shows that did a lot of filming was "Starsky & Hutch" and "Chips".
I was always amazed at how many times they film the same scene over and over and over. In some cases, I was allowed down the street to make deliveries while other cars were not allowed through.

over9five

Staff member
I always think of "George of the Jungle". He arrives in that wooden crate with an Intl ASD and over 70 label! Awesome!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The fox overboard news coverage of Paris , it said live at 602 pm, LA, CA I saw three go by, one after the other , behind the reporter.