UPS In Texas

Hello all,

this is my first post, someone actually mentioned this website at work the other night so I thought id check it out. I was wondering if there was anyone else on this board that worked in the Austin building. Ive spent 3 years in a p/t position and if it wasnt for the insurance and college tuition I would have been gone a long time ago. To sum it all up, there is a lot of talking behind peoples back, there is no organization, a severe lack of communication, and the full time management staff is highly unprofessional and could care less about its employs. Ive had a transfer request in for 2 years and have never heard anything back. I was wondering what others experiences were like working in other centers in the state and if anyone that worked in the Austin center was experiencing problems. Ive been told by another full time supervisor thats been with UPS for 30 years to take advantage of the benefits I have now and once im done with school find another company to work for, that UPS was not worth all the hassles later on. Would just like to hear some others opinions. Thanks

sx2700

Banned
I'm not in Texas, but I agree with everything you said, I think it is just a UPS thing. I've been with UPS for over 2 years now and I will relish the day when I can leave the hell hole.

55andout?

I'm not in Texas, but I agree with everything you said, I think it is just a UPS thing. I've been with UPS for over 2 years now and I will relish the day when I can leave the hell hole.
Look for the hole in the wall that says EXIT above it,walk through it and good luck to you.....Just make sure you leave your ID:wink2:

sx2700

Banned
I'll leave when it suits me, until then it isn't anybodies business. You people that want to flame me can take your shots. I don't know any of you and don't care to. I don't like working for UPS but it suits my needs at the moment so I'm taking advantage. UPS is a detriment to my family and to my health and all of you that work as part timers know just what I'm talking about. I don't give a crap about management's tactics or the politics of the job, it's the time away from my baby daughter that has me bitter about the whole situation, and it's because of her that I'm working a UPS. So for any of you that don't like my post, well......, you know what you can do.

satellitedriver

I'll leave when it suits me, until then it isn't anybodies business. You people that want to flame me can take your shots. I don't know any of you and don't care to. I don't like working for UPS but it suits my needs at the moment so I'm taking advantage. UPS is a detriment to my family and to my health and all of you that work as part timers know just what I'm talking about. I don't give a crap about management's tactics or the politics of the job, it's the time away from my baby daughter that has me bitter about the whole situation, and it's because of her that I'm working a UPS. So for any of you that don't like my post, well......, you know what you can do.
Sorry, we forgot it is all about you.
The rest of us that, for decades, spent time away from our families, to provide a secure financial future for them, must owe you an apology.
I take great pride in the fact my father worked two jobs to keep his family fed and secure.
I would see him off at 5 in the morning and greet him at 9 at night. Sunday was his only day of rest.
I learned from his example of a work ethic.
I and my other 5 siblings have overcome poverty by the standards he set by example.
All of us are rich now by the common standard.
Teach your children well,
by example.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Unfortunately your exactly whats wrong with this company, too bad your to ignorant to see for yourself. I was a pre-loader for 3 1/2 years and it was not pretty but it was what I made of it and well worth it. People with real princibles make a difference not an a@@ out of themselves crying on the internet about their problems.

P.S. The number your looking for is
1 800 GO FED EX

sx2700

Banned
Sorry, we forgot it is all about you.
The rest of us that, for decades, spent time away from our families, to provide a secure financial future for them, must owe you an apology.
I take great pride in the fact my father worked two jobs to keep his family fed and secure.
I would see him off at 5 in the morning and greet him at 9 at night. Sunday was his only day of rest.
I learned from his example of a work ethic.
I and my other 5 siblings have overcome poverty by the standards he set by example.
All of us are rich now by the common standard.
Teach your children well,
by example.

You got that right bub, it is all about me. Like I said, I don't know you and I don't care to know you so your apology wouldn't mean squat to me. You take pride in whatever you want to, I'm going to take pride in the fact that in a short time I'm going to be spending time with my family and not slaving away for a bunch of ungrateful twits that think UPS is the end all. And don't think you can insult me by insinuating I have no work ethic. As a driver you would work fewer hours a week than I am right now.

sx2700

Banned
Unfortunately your exactly whats wrong with this company, too bad your to ignorant to see for yourself. I was a pre-loader for 3 1/2 years and it was not pretty but it was what I made of it and well worth it. People with real princibles make a difference not an a@@ out of themselves crying on the internet about their problems.

P.S. The number your looking for is
1 800 GO FED EX

LOL @ Brown287...You think I'm what's wrong with the company? What are you talking about? The company created my attitude towards it. You are the ignorant one that blindly follows and has no backbone to stand up and better yourself. And I choose to make an ass out of myself. I knew a bunch of you guys would come out and start beating your chests. Have fun with it though because I'm going to.

satellitedriver

You got that right bub, it is all about me. Like I said, I don't know you and I don't care to know you so your apology wouldn't mean squat to me. You take pride in whatever you want to, I'm going to take pride in the fact that in a short time I'm going to be spending time with my family and not slaving away for a bunch of ungrateful twits that think UPS is the end all. And don't think you can insult me by insinuating I have no work ethic. As a driver you would work fewer hours a week than I am right now.
I work 50 hrs a week as a driver and have for more years than you have been at UPS. I doubt you spend that much time working.
Your crying about slaving away is laughable.
If I wanted to insult you it would not be through insinuation.
Ungrateful twits are pervasive in the working world.
You may come and go as you wish.
As an example, I came to work for those bunch of ungrateful twits 22yrs ago, with only about $6,000 in my account.
I stuck with it.
I am debt free.
I own 20 acres, a very nice home,three vehicles and all the tractors and equipment to maintain them.
Plus about $400,000. in cash and investments.
So, you can try and punk me with your selfish attitude and your needs and complain about how you hate it at UPS all you want.
Do what you think is best for your family.

Bad Gas!

There are many ready to get out of the brown hell hole.On our terms not UPS's..If mgt weren't such iggits it would be one of the greatest jobs in America because the customers are great..

filthpig

Bring it on stud. Nice screen name hypocrite. Besides, I'm not whining just stating facts.
What you're stating is your point of view. Everyone has to work. Yes it sucks, but you work part time. that's 5 hrs. away from home, weekends off. Are you pissed at school (which "evil UPS" pays for) for making you go to class? That's time away from your family, too. Try not to get so irritated when people take issue with your post BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Camping Nana

Once again - words fail me! (But here I go anyway....)

UPS is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't believe any job is! There will always be "twits" in management at any job....

As far as how many hours you are working PT and the time it takes away from your family? Dude, you don't have a clue!

It chaps my hide that you are taking advantage of the benefits offered by UPS (especially college tuition) with the attitude you have!

browndevil

Hello all,

this is my first post, someone actually mentioned this website at work the other night so I thought id check it out. I was wondering if there was anyone else on this board that worked in the Austin building. Ive spent 3 years in a p/t position and if it wasnt for the insurance and college tuition I would have been gone a long time ago. To sum it all up, there is a lot of talking behind peoples back, there is no organization, a severe lack of communication, and the full time management staff is highly unprofessional and could care less about its employs. Ive had a transfer request in for 2 years and have never heard anything back. I was wondering what others experiences were like working in other centers in the state and if anyone that worked in the Austin center was experiencing problems. Ive been told by another full time supervisor thats been with UPS for 30 years to take advantage of the benefits I have now and once im done with school find another company to work for, that UPS was not worth all the hassles later on. Would just like to hear some others opinions. Thanks
Hi and welcome! I don't mean to come across negative but your post is 100% correct. I have been with this company 21 years and I love my job and the interaction I get with my customers. I am glad all I have to do is crab my truck and leave. I try to keep my face time with mgmt to a minimnum. Good luck if you stay with UPS get your degree first and yes use those benefits

Ive had a transfer request in for 2 years and have never heard anything back. I was wondering what others experiences were like working in other centers in the state
A transfer for changing schools for PTers is the only transfers I know of for hourlies in Texas. This request is just like any other request you might make, YOU have to be the one to follow up or nothing is gonna happen. After 2 years, your first request has self destructed in a file cabinet somewhere if it wasn't thrown away on the first day. If you are still wanting to transfer, contact HR and get it going again, THEN follow up every other day.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
SX

Part time, but you work more than a 60 hour a week driver? You usin gooberment math?

Ive worked for UPS longer than you have been alive.

Because of that job, I have provided for my family much like Sat has stated. And I too came from poverty.

But let me tell you a little secret. Its not the quantity of time you spend with your daughter or family, its the quality of time you spend.

Grass is always greener, till you take a really good look at what is really there.

d