UPS Increases Quarterly Dividend

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
The UPS (NYSE: UPS) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.73 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend increase is in recognition of the company's solid cash flow performance and commitment to delivering shareowner value.

The dividend is payable March 10, 2015, to shareowners of record on Feb. 23, 2015.

"Since going public our dividend has increased, compounding more than 10 percent on average," said David Abney, UPS chief executive officer. "Due to our strong cash flow in 2014, we returned more than 100 percent of net income or $5.1 billion in shareowner distributions and have returned more than $25 billion to shareholders since 2009. Today's decision by the Board is a reflection of their confidence in our long-term earnings potential and the ability to generate increasing returns to our shareholders."

UPS has a long history of its commitment to cash dividends. For more than four decades it has either increased or maintained its dividend. Since 2000, its dividend has more than quadrupled.

The UPS (NYSE: UPS) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.73 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend increase is in recognition of the company's solid cash flow performance and commitment to delivering shareowner value.

I2iOS3hubas

Continue reading...
And they will keep cutting. Routes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I2iOS3hubas

Continue reading...
It needs to be closer to $0.80 per share quarterly dividend or more likely $88 per share.
That's a 7 cents increase over the amount paid in the last 4 quarter's dividend $0.67.
If the stock price stays flat in 2015 and dividend goes up another 7 cents, UPS stock will be sitting at the lower end of a "good dividend" stock at 3.5% yield.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Apple paid their dividend this morning---$.47/share. I got just over $250 which I used to buy 2 more shares.

It's hard to believe the way this stock (Apple) is performing. Carl Icahn thinks it may go as high as $216/share. While that may be overly optimistic, I do it easily going to $150 or higher.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Apple paid their dividend this morning---$.47/share. I got just over $250 which I used to buy 2 more shares.

It's hard to believe the way this stock (Apple) is performing. Carl Icahn thinks it may go as high as $216/share. While that may be overly optimistic, I do it easily going to $150 or higher.

Yeah, well they need to do a little more work on their products. They rush these updates and products out the door before they've worked out the wrinkles. This iPhone 6 Plus I've got, I'm afraid, is a glorified Samsung Note. Looks pretty, but it's backbone is weak. And iTunes? Don't even get me started on how big of a piece of crap that software is.

Nothing annoys me more than an Apple fanboy telling me--with their nose in the air--how superior the IOS system is to everything else, when it works no better than any Windows system. Charge a premium, if you want, but you better work out the teething problems first. Apple has failed miserably at this, lately. I love, LOVE, how I tether my iPhone into my computer, into iTunes to sync my music, and it deletes half of my content. Nice job, Cupertino. Apple support? Out to sea.

You know their advice? Restore your phone, sir.

Uh-huh, that is the superior IOS experience? Not at this rate.

Dracula

I've loved my iPhones as much as the next guy, but in all honesty, from a neutral perspective, they are slipping badly, from a quality point of view. My brother is a Apple guy, true and true. He's always scoffed at my Windows laptops, and acted like the Apple gear could do no wrong. And maybe at some point he may have been right. But those days are waning.

I dealt with the phones above. But take laptops. I see these 13 and 15 inch Macbooks starting out at $1300 for base models are climbing skyward from there. Even if you swear by the Mac software, the cost/benefit payoff for Apple computers is way, way outdated. The truth is, for those prices, you could get a Windows laptop that would run circles around those iMacs. And I mean absolutely, blow those Apples out of the water.

"Yeah, but they're still Windows products. They get viruses and crash a lot." That's what my brother tells me. But he's wrong. If you're computer illiterate, yeah, stuff can happen. But I run Windows 7 on my laptop, and it works just fine. I've learned through the years that a wide platform means many, many programs are available, but so are potholes. You learn. I just don't have any problems with this laptop. I'm careful. I spent $700 on it at Costco almost 3 years ago, and it still runs great.

I wish I could say the same about my new iPhone 6 Plus. That damn thing crashes 2 or 3 times a day. Did Apple contract Microsoft to make it? NO?!? Then what's the problem, I ask my brother? He says it must be a bad phone. But, I tell him, all you have to do is check the Apple forums and see these problems are systemic. No answer. Seriously, do a Google search about iTunes and sync problems. Or even funnier, I was typing in Google, "why does iTunes", and it autofilled, "Why does iTunes suck?"

OK, I'm done. I have no one to scream at when my phone won't download the music I want it to, and then I plug it in and iTunes kicks me in the balls for good measure. Oh yeah, my newspaper guy keeps throwing my paper in the neighbors yard...but that's another rant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My only comment was on the performance of the stock, not of the products themselves. I have an iPhone 4S and I don 't know if it was the cold but when I tried to call both of my kids on the way home from work last night both said the calls were breaking up really badly. Then again, the key fob for my Altima didn't work either, so it was probably was the cold.

I am up $32/share in just under a year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my opinion if it won't fit in your pocket it ceases to be a phone and becomes a tablet. Tablets are useful but if you move up to tablet size you might as well go bigger and have a real tablet.
I'm a pretty big man with large hands. I picked up the plus for about 2 seconds and said you're crazy not a chance.

With that said Apple isn't really about superior products anymore it's just about being Apple and having Apple products. It'll pass eventually as all
Fads do.

Dracula

Why would you buy the plus? It's damn near an iPad mini.

Because after you hit 40, your eyes are the first thing to go. I do love the big screen. I'm just now wondering if I made a mistake by not going with the Note. And I like the fact that I can't text with one hand. Guarantees that I can't use the phone when I'm not supposed too....But man, that iTunes is a piece of garbage.