ups insurance cover lasik?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I got LASIK back in 2001 when I still lived at home and I had to pay it all out of pocket. And it was one of the best things I ever spent that kind of money on. Nice to not have to worry about glasses or contacts.:eek:

FilingBluesFL

Southern States covered a portion of Lasik for an in-network provider.

I never had the balls to pull the trigger on getting lasers shot into my forced-open eyeballs.

A friend of mine said it was the best Laser-Light show he's ever seen...:geeky:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish Teamcare covered Lasik, I would get it. Seems like its a better procedure than getting new glasses every year, you can easily spend $500-600 for frames and lenses. We get the 25% discount through Davis Eye Care too, although I have never known anybody that uses them.

$500-600 for frames and lenses?? I have two pairs of glasses, both provided through Davis. The exam and lenses are also covered. If my Rx has not changed dramatically I will only upgrade one pair per year----if it has I will pay out of pocket for the upgrade ($200) as I like to change my glasses based on my mood that day. (Yes, I have "grumpy" and "happy" glasses)

Funtimes

Thanks for the responses.

Best bet for her is go to a place and see if lasik will work for her. If it does then she can put that money in the flexible spending account.

Use it all and not worry about not spending the money for that yr.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
$500-600 for frames and lenses?? I have two pairs of glasses, both provided through Davis. The exam and lenses are also covered. If my Rx has not changed dramatically I will only upgrade one pair per year----if it has I will pay out of pocket for the upgrade ($200) as I like to change my glasses based on my mood that day. (Yes, I have "grumpy" and "happy" glasses)
lmao.....grumpy and happy glasses....I'm still chuckling. We have vsp...I've never paid a dime out of pocket for my glasses.