UPS is getting ready for seasonal workers

hdtvtechno

I see UPS put up the Driver's Helper section on the UPS Jobs website today
looks like they are getting ready to accept applications

outamyway

They will receive a horde of them here.

I can't imagine too many will be hired as we still have quite a few drivers working preload, and I don't see Christmas being a huge hit this year.

We shall see.

TheDick

In my bldg the 9.5 money comes automatically, no greivance needed once you get ur first 9.5 grev. thru panel. Lots o money till Nov

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Last year my building didn't use too many helpers hired off the street - mostly hub people working as helpers. Probably gonna see a little more volume this year compared to last. Just my prediction.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I see UPS put up the Driver's Helper section on the UPS Jobs website today
looks like they are getting ready to accept applications
oh boy,,, sure they will fight over the op to work 3 hrs a day for nothing ,,,, be on call,,,run like jerks,,,,,,,,,,, and have pretty much no chance of a full time gig

TheDick

oh boy,,, sure they will fight over the op to work 3 hrs a day for nothing ,,,, be on call,,,run like jerks,,,,,,,,,,, and have pretty much no chance of a full time gig

Last year a helper i had delivered the pkg to a member of the Proctor and Gamble family and then went around corner of the house to take a leak. Cons couldnt find pkg so she came out looking for him and found me.:anxious:

M

Mike23

They will receive a horde of them here.

I can't imagine too many will be hired as we still have quite a few drivers working preload, and I don't see Christmas being a huge hit this year.

We shall see.

UPS offering jobs to scabs that they'll pay $12.50 for the season or bringing back their $25-28 an hour drivers over the holidays? No, UPS wouldn't do something like that. It'd be dishonest!

I bet some centers try this though.

hdtvtechno

3 driver helpers got run over here last year, no thanks. Oh and I mean run over by their drivers, not other people.
It could of been either the driver's fault or the Driver's helper fault

one could of been no paying attention and checking his rear and side mirrors
or the other one walking in blind spots around the truck

lets hear the full story please