UPS Is Now Hiring Mensa Members As Drivers

browniehound

We have all read the posts about the stupid things customers say or do Ad Nausium. Well, this act of brilliance I'm about to describe comes from a newly hired UPS driver.

This driver is(was?) still in his 30-day probation period when the dispatch superivsor called and asked him to pick-up a letter box and then sent him the pick-up in the DIAD.

The driver calls back a short time later and says he can't move the letter box to put in the truck because its bolted to the ground.

I could hear the laughter from the office on my route 10 miles away.

wornoutupser

Don't laugh. My building had a driver load the entire box into the back of the truck one night and bring it in!. The lock was broken and he couldn't get it to open!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not just drivers. I got in early once on a Friday, and an on-car asked me to go about two blocks down the street and make an air pick-up at a clothing distribution center. I drove down, walked into the warehouse and asked where the packages were. The manager pointed to a full trailer on the door.

I drove back to the building and told the on-car that he needed to put a fifth wheel on my car before I could make the pick-up.

542thruNthru

I think me and you might be in the same hub. We had the same thing happen here. I almost died laughing!

P.S. sorry about the quote with no reply. Damn phones

Despite having two containers fall off chassis this year we still have drivers bringing in unsafe trailers. I found one sitting last week on top of a pin. Found one today with both front pins unlocked.

didyousheetit

Can someone tell me, are we suppose to be issued ratchets and combination wrenches? I 'm having a problem with my new air pickup route seems the boxes are bolted down and I haven't been properly trained on how to pickup letter boxes.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This a little of topic, but we had a driver go to his letter box a day after a big snow storm. He could not find the box, it was just gone. He called the center they just did what UPS mgmt. does best, yell. A second driver was sent to help find the box, no luck.

A Sup. went out the next day to track down this escaped letterbox and it was not found.

Fast forward about 4 weeks and you yes the snow is melting and guess what they find in a pile of melting snow, a UPS letterbox, it even had some letters in it.

Re-Raise

I still laugh about a story someone else told on here about a new driver. They told him not to bring any packages back undelivered.

He called in three days later and four states away because he had spent all of the C.O.D. money and was out of gas.

He was delivering all of the packages he had picked up at his pickup accounts. I really want to believe this happened....