ups is so poor

trenjct

Discretionary spending here is almost an urban legend now. No safety or recognition food or awards unless the employees spring for it themselves. It took almost 6 months to get approval to get new trash can bags/hazmat bin liners, and customer counter was out of boxes for weeks. I recycle all the mechanic's boxes and packing now.... what can BROWN do for you?..... dumpster diving! I don't mind UPS asking its employees and local management to make some sacrifices in a tough economy, but isn't it a little hypocritical when executive pay is increasing so handsomely? What happened to "TEAMWORK" and "LEAD BY EXAMPLE"? I thought we were all in this together, but that's hard to believe when I'm doing a breaststroke through a big old dumpster. Who knows, maybe one of these days, I'll find Jimmy Sr.! :)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Discretionary spending here is almost an urban legend now. No safety or recognition food or awards unless the employees spring for it themselves. It took almost 6 months to get approval to get new trash can bags/hazmat bin liners, and customer counter was out of boxes for weeks. I recycle all the mechanic's boxes and packing now.... what can BROWN do for you?..... dumpster diving! I don't mind UPS asking its employees and local management to make some sacrifices in a tough economy, but isn't it a little hypocritical when executive pay is increasing so handsomely? What happened to "TEAMWORK" and "LEAD BY EXAMPLE"? I thought we were all in this together, but that's hard to believe when I'm doing a breaststroke through a big old dumpster. Who knows, maybe one of these days, I'll find Jimmy Sr.! :)
Hey, I think you're on to something there. That would be awesome if each employee bought their own recognition award and brought it in to show it off. "Hey look at this new rod and reel I bought", "look at my new boat", LOL, that would be hilarious.

bumped

I don't want any burgers, soda, donuts, or water that they hand out as "gifts". I'll take a pair of socks every so often though.

bigblu 2 you

they have the money to send sup's and center manager's out every week to hide and watch for any drivers not using methods,getting a drink at a water fountain or performing at a level they couldnt . our center manager had the brazenness to brag about making 55 cents a mile while playing hide and seek for this {poor} company.

klein

Für Meno :)
I wasn't going to say anything, but I am on our CERC committee, and yes they don't have that much money for the bbq's where we are. We have had oranges and bananas which I think is silly, we are not monkeys. We are so busy, and geesh people must be shopping, because we were loaded today.

I WANT BURGERS:happy-very:

We used to get oranges and bananas every Wednesday.
They cut that out.
No biggie.

As for BBQ, we had 1 single one last yr, and it was "who makes the best burgers" competition.
Meat (burgers ) was brought by the workers who took part in the cook off. (for the benifit of all others being the judges).

I know I will probably be slammed for this reply but, anyway here goes...Honestly tell me the reason why a person has to be BRIBED with cookouts, donuts, ect. to do the job they are paid to do in the first place.
I could never understand this. Lets eliminate whether Ups can pay for it. I just wonder how upset these same people get when they read about public corruption. Isn't it the same thing...taking something to perform the job you are already paid for?

ups1990

Ok, we see the company posting less than stellar earnings. How can we save UPS money? Maybe we can all bring the hundreds of pens that are scattered throught our personal cars and homes houses back to the Hub. I see ASD's all over the place, on the floor of trucks, on the ground inside the building. Let's pick them up and place them inside the supply room.

BlackCat

Ok, we see the company posting less than stellar earnings. How can we save UPS money? Maybe we can all bring the hundreds of pens that are scattered throught our personal cars and homes houses back to the Hub. I see ASD's all over the place, on the floor of trucks, on the ground inside the building. Let's pick them up and place them inside the supply room.

Even better idea. How about we not throw away all of those delivery notices that they said we could no longer use because they were short 3 words.

Kman845

Since they like cutting routes so much, lets do it for them....

Everyone stay home on Mondays till earnings pick up!!!!!!!!!!!

K

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
dude, go to bed already..do you always stay up this late???
LOL, I ate a apple turnover at 10pm and I'm not down from the sugar rush yet. My heart is absolutely racing and I got out of bed so I wouldn't keep my wife up.:biting: To make things worse, 5:30 is right around the corner.:knockedout:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
LOL, I ate a apple turnover at 10pm and I'm not down from the sugar rush yet. My heart is absolutely racing and I got out of bed so I wouldn't keep my wife up.:biting: To make things worse, 5:30 is right around the corner.:knockedout:

True, but at least its friday. I do that sometimes when I drink one of those starbucks fraps in the evening then cant get to bed...drives my wife mad.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Wow..530 is when you wake up...do you go for an early morning bike ride before work. I wake at the last possible minute...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wow..530 is when you wake up...do you go for an early morning bike ride before work. I wake at the last possible minute...
I ride my bike to the gym normally then work out and ride the rest of the way to work. I took this week off from riding and running, so I get to sleep in till 5:30. Normally I'm up at 4am. I see people going in to the preload on my ride to the gym. My supe asked me if I was training for something big, I told him health.:dead:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I ride my bike to the gym normally then work out and ride the rest of the way to work. I took this week off from riding and running, so I get to sleep in till 5:30. Normally I'm up at 4am. I see people going in to the preload on my ride to the gym. My supe asked me if I was training for something big, I told him health.:dead:

thats impressive. Have you noticed less body fatigue and soreness from the job when you work out? 4am is one hell of a early start to the day! how many miles round trip is the ride?